How to treat arrhythmia at home
Author Ольга Кияница
Arrhythmia is a violation of the rhythm, in which the heart palpitations develop and rhythm is lost. The heart rate can be 120 beats / min or more, with such symptoms as dizziness, decreased efficiency, palpitations, a feeling of heart failure.
The presence of arrhythmia should not be ignored, since this condition can provoke the development of more severe complications: ischemia, infarction, angina pectoris, dystrophic pathologies.
Correct treatment of arrhythmia can be prescribed only in the case when a complete examination of the patient. For this, electrocardiography, ultrasound of the heart, holter monitoring, loading tests are used. In the presence of concomitant diseases, clinical analyzes are performed, and hereditary pathological conditions are screened.
How to relieve an attack of arrhythmia at home
At home, general cardiac recommendations can be used that help to eliminate or reduce the occurrence of arrhythmia. In particular, you need to follow the following tips:
- Adhere to dietary nutrition, which mainly consists of a reduced amount of fat, salt and sugar. In this diet is more saturated with vegetables, fruits, heart-healthy foods (sea fish, nuts, dried apricots, raisins).
- Refuse from bad habits, which have great harm on the cardiovascular system. Especially negatively affects the health of smoking and drinking alcohol, so these habits in the first place must be abandoned.
- To lead a fairly active lifestyle, so that the heart and other organs can receive oxygen in sufficient quantities. Especially useful is swimming, skating, skiing, biking, horse riding and sports dancing.
- It is important to monitor some indicators that directly reflect the state of the cardiovascular system. It's about cholesterol, blood glucose, blood pressure. Such data can be periodically reported by phone on the doctor's request.
- Avoid stressful situations that disrupt the functioning of the nervous system, which in turn contributes to the formation of rhythm disturbances. For maintenance of calmness it is possible to use preparations on a vegetative basis, suitable methods of psychotherapy.
Drug treatment for arrhythmia at home
Drugs should be prescribed by a doctor, taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient. Most commonly used drugs from the following pharmacological groups:
- Beta-adrenoblockers - concor, anaprilin, egilok. They act by reducing the activity of the sympathetic department of the nervous system, as a result of which arrhythmia attacks occur much less often.
- Sodium channel antagonists are lidocaine. Strengthens cardiomyocytes, which in turn increases resistance to various irritating factors.
- Calcium antagonists are verapamil. Used for frequent arrhythmias, because it reduces the concentration of calcium inside cardiomyocytes and thereby reduces the severity of arrhythmia.
- Potassium blockers - amiodarone (cordarone). The drug is used in many forms of arrhythmia, but most often with tachycardias that are accompanied by hemodynamic disorders.
Presented drugs are not intended for self-treatment, so they can only be taken after a doctor's consultation. Ignoring this condition can lead to bradycardia and even sudden cardiac arrest.
Treatment of arrhythmia at home with reflex massage
With the help of acupressure, the overall well-being can be markedly improved and moderate arrhythmia treated at home. In particular, the use of foot massage is recommended, which allows activating the internal resources of a person.
Foot massage can be done alone or with the participation of a loved one. It is enough to wash your feet, take a comfortable pose and relax, in order to restore your health for 15-29 minutes. To do this, you need to consistently act on certain points:
- heart - soothing effect;
- the brain - a stimulating effect;
- the solar plexus is a calming influence.
Massage is done twice a day. Sutra is also best in the evening. For greater effect, it is worth keeping your feet up to five minutes in a hot bath. After that, rubbing movements knead the feet and shins.
Video Massage stop - training video lesson ~ Warm up ~
Treatment of arrhythmia at home with folk remedies
Most of the recipes of traditional medicine, suitable for the treatment of arrhythmia, is based on medicinal herbs. The means are chosen taking into account the individual characteristics of the patient, as well as the ability of plants to influence the conduction system of the heart and exert a restorative effect. In particular, the following components are used:
- Stigmas of corn in equal parts are mixed with buds and leaves of birch, hips. The mixed meal is taken in the amount of a tablespoon per cup of boiling water and after boiling for 20 minutes in an enamel saucepan take half the glass.
- Roots and leaves of asparagus in a dry kind are crushed. The resulting powder in the amount of one tablespoon is brewed in a glass of boiling water. The resulting medicine is divided into ten parts and taken before meals.
- St. John's wort, rose flowers, lemon balm, hawthorn berries - all the ingredients must be crushed and thoroughly mixed. From the collection collected take a tablespoon on a glass of boiling water, brewed and about ten minutes, insist. After cooling, it is drunk in equal parts throughout the day.
When arrhythmias are often marked by nervous overstrain, the so-called asthenic syndrome. In such cases, it is useful to take decoctions and infusions from the collections containing melissa, mint, valerian and other soothing medicinal plants. If you have any doubts about the use of this or another remedy, then it is better to consult a doctor, which will help to avoid undesirable consequences.
Relatively rare is a disease such as intercostal neuralgia. If, however, it has arisen, you need to think about the proper treatment that will help improve the condition and, first of all, eliminate the painful sensations. Otherwise, the patient significantly deteriorates the quality of life and possibly the development of other complications, including arrhythmias.
Different types of treatments help to be healthy. Folk medicine refers to the most commonly used methods, because it allows a person to choose the one that suits him. In particular, there are many recipes and methods of treating folk remedies for arrhythmias and tachycardia. Such pathologies are often encountered today, and medical treatment is far from always being performed.
Many patients suffering from heart rhythm disturbance seek an answer to the question “How to get rid of arrhythmia forever?” There is no unequivocal answer to this question, since this disease is expressed in various forms. Yet there are several ways that improve the quality of life.