Vegetatively vascular dystonia
Author Ольга Кияница
Vegetatively vascular dystonia (VSD) is a complex of many symptoms that are associated with various organs and systems of the body, indicating a disorder of the function or structure of the peripheral / central departments of the autonomic nervous system. VSD is most often combined with predisposing factors, as a result of which psychosomatic diseases develop. In the event of a somatic pathology, the course of vegetative disorders may be burdened.
Worldwide, millions of people are diagnosed with symptoms of vegeto-vascular dystonia.Most commonly, there are symptoms of VSD in adults, but often the disease is diagnosed in children and adolescents.
Often VSD is the diagnosis of an exception. When all researches have been conducted and no special organic violations have been found, then VSD is exposed. There are also vegetative disorders that, in the presence of a somatic disease, can complicate its course. If adequate therapy for VSD is performed, then the manifestations of the disease may be reduced.
Video Vegeto-vascular Dystonia |Tablet From VSD | Pavel Fedorenko
What is VSD?
Diagnosis of vegetative-vascular dystonia is given only on the territory of the CIS countries. Such a definition can not be found in the medical conclusions of the world community, since it is not in universally recognized classifications, including ICD-10.
VSD is not associated with organic disorders, therefore it is considered a functional disorder that often occurs in the background of other diseases.Especially often VSD is defined at panic attacks, phobias, neurological disorders, cardiovascular pathologies, etc.
VSD includes many symptoms that are common in other diseases. This "diagnosis" is quite convenient, since it can be put in cases where there is not enough evidence to establish another pathology. This explains the fact that domestic doctors often make a "non-existent" conclusion to a patient too often.
Small VSD statistics:
- A similar diagnosis is given in adults in 70% of cases, and for children and adolescents - in 15%.
- In 98% of cases, patients complain of palpitations and heart pains.
- In 96% - for severe weakness and malaise.
- In 90% - for headache.
- In 30% of men except VSD there is a decrease in libido, whereas organic disorders are absent.
In a normal state, the autonomic nervous system (VNS) works consistently and correctly, that is its reactions to external stimuli are considered as natural and even necessary.
The VNS provides multifaceted work of the human body, when some organs work intensely, while others are at least relaxed.For this, the VNS consists of two main divisions - sympathetic and parasympathetic, which are essentially two opposite sides of one whole.
Only a small part of those processes that regulate VNS is the regulation of heat transfer, respiratory rate and heart rate, paleening or reddening of the skin, etc.
With a dysfunction of the autonomic nervous system, an inadequate reaction of the organism to one or another stimulus occurs. For example, a person smoked and instead of the organism calmly digested food, an opposite reaction is observed - heartbeat rises, unpleasant sensations arise in the stomach area, etc. In this way, the VNS tries to "pay attention" to its owner for some inconvenience in the body. And if he does not notice in time and do not take appropriate measures, then complications arise.
There are several main causes of the development of vegetative-vascular dystonia and a number of predisposing factors that may also contribute to the development of the disease.
The main reasons for the occurrence of VSD:
- Hereditary - various dysfunctions and violations of the structure of the ANS are mainly transmitted through the maternal line. There is a probability that in the presence of a certain temperament in the parent, in combination with certain features of a person, there is a high risk that his children who inherited the same emotional characteristics will also show signs of a vegetative disorder.
- Streams, chronic and acute - the activation of the autonomic nervous system occurs with various emotional stresses, which produce stress hormones (norepinephrine and adrenaline). Under their action, heartbeat and breathing are increasing. In pathological cases, such a protective reaction is delayed, it may become hypertrophied.
The following factors have an additional impact on the VNS:
- Climate change - leads the body to stress due to the impact not only on the emotional sphere, but also on the physical and chemical components. The person has to adapt to the new water, air, humidity, temperature, which in the first place begins to react to the ANS.
- Bodily and neuropathological diseases - most often on the background of cardiovascular diseases there are psycho-vegetative syndromes, which depend a lot on the psychological load. If, for example, the patient has a heartache, then this primarily activates the work of the ANS. Then the fear of health and even life is joined in the circle.
- Hormonal changes - major periods of perestroika fall into puberty and climax. Against the background of the formation of new interconnections between VNS and hormonal regulation (puberty), as well as the restoration of life processes (climax), overexcitation of the VNS occurs, which is manifested in fluctuations in blood pressure, psychological instability, weakness, dizziness, and so forth.
- Mental illnesses - various neurotic disorders most often cause vegetative-vascular dystonia.Particularly frequent causes are panic attacks.In some cases, the symptoms of VHS supplement the cocklinic picture of depression.
There are three types of clinical severity of VSD.
- Cardiac type - most often refers to functional cardiology, when arrhythmic states, conduction disorders and ventricular repolarization develop. This type defines a fast / slow heartbeat, paroxysmal attacks of tachycardia, a feeling of cardiac arrest.
- The vascular type is often considered as a neurocirculatory dystonia, in which arterial hypertension / hypotension is manifested.
- The mixed type - the clinic combines the features of the course of cardial and vascular types. There are various combinations of clinical signs.
Both children and adults of VSD can go on latently and permanently. Vegetative crises are most pronounced when all the symptoms are manifest.
The development of a vegetative crisis can be provoked:
- Acute infectious diseases.
- Physical or mental strain.
- Emotional overloads.
- Sharp change in climatic conditions.
Attacks are short-lived or delayed for several days. According to its characteristics, the crisis can be insular, sympathetic adrenal and mixed.
Symptom-adrenal crises - characterized by the appearance of a pronounced fear of death. Additionally, headache, accelerated heartbeat, high blood pressure can be determined. Also, dry mouth, hyperthermia, frequent and large amounts of urination are common.
Vagoneulsular crises - the patient has a pronounced pallor, there is an increased sweating and reduced arterial pressure. Also, body temperature decreases and dyspeptic disorders (nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, and bloating) may occur. In some cases, Queen's edema develops, the patient loses consciousness or migraine with pronounced suffocation as a type of bronchial asthma.
In case of a vagon-insulin crisis in the elderly, the risk of stroke increases by 3 times.
Clinic VSD in children
It manifests itself with some age differences. For example, preschool children are more likely to have moderate, subclinical vegetative disorders, which are mainly expressed in vagotonia (the activity of the parasympathetic department of the ANS prevails).
In adolescence, VSD is characterized by a more complicated flow. Patients often make many different complaints, often even before paroxysms. The development of vagotonia significantly reduces the activity of the sympathetic department of the NA, which is expressed by the following features:
- bad appetite;
- itch in the whole body;
- decrease in efficiency;
- bad sleep and drowsiness in daytime;
- decrease in blood pressure;
- respiratory arrhythmia;
- apathy and so on.
Many children with a tendency to VSD have an unfavorable course of the postpartum period, often chronic and acute focal infections are observed, and signs of connective tissue dysplasia are determined.
Video Vegeto-vascular dystonia: symptoms and treatment
At the reception of the doctor, a survey and a survey of the patient are conducted, during which hereditary predisposition to vegetative disorders and psychosomatic illnesses is determined. It is worth noting that with family predisposition to vagotonia more often develops bronchial asthma, neurodermatitis and ulcer diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. Conversely, there is a marked tendency toward sympathicotonia - diabetes, IHD, hypertension, hyperthyroidism.
Instrumental study of patients with VSD is based on the following methods:
- Echo electrocardiography.
With the help of these studies, the state of the central nervous system is assessed, violations of the central and peripheral vessels are detected, intracranial pressure is measured.
Depending on the indications, the patient can appoint a consultation of the following specialists:
During the examination of the patient, attention should be paid not only to the confirmation of the presence of VSD, but also to the definition of the underlying disease, on the background of which there was a vegetative disorder. This will allow for more effective therapy.
Due to the fact that vegeto-vascular dystonia is not an independent disease, there are no protocols for treatment based on evidence-based medicine. Therefore, symptomatic and sanatorium treatment is used and the therapy of the underlying disease, which has developed VSD, has to be performed.
Many medicines for therapeutic effects with VSD are taken from the group of sedatives. Often, they are designed on a vegetative basis, therefore they can be assigned to children, but only the doctor of the specialty specialty. The most commonly used sedative medications today are:
- Novo-pasit - a sedative medicine on a vegetative basis, is used in obsessive fears and anxiety states.
- Persen - Helps to calm down and relax.
- Corvalol - helps to relax, acts on the body soothing.
- Azafen reduces anxiety and dreams, improves mood.
ith a high degree of excitation, tranquilizers can be prescribed, which has an inhibitory effect on the body. The most commonly used seduction is from this group.
For correction of cardiovascular system use:
- Normates is a vasodilation drug that helps relieve tension from peripheral vessels. Positive effect on night sleep.
- Winpocetin - Expands blood vessels and improves brain blood circulation.
- Valocomide - has a cardiotonic effect, which allows you to reduce the load on the heart.
Sanatorium and spa treatment
With the help of natural resources and physiotherapeutic methods of treatment, a rather effective strengthening of the autonomic nervous system is carried out. Most often during the remission of the disease the patient undergoes a course of rehabilitation, which allows to subsequently improve their well-being and working capacity.
There are some features of spa treatment recommended by VSD. In particular, the resort or sanatorium should be located in the same region where the patient lives. Abrupt changes in the climate can contribute to the exacerbation of the pathological process. Thus, when choosing a sanatorium it is necessary to orientate on the climatic zone with a discrepancy of no more than 3 hours and as close as possible to the season, which is observed in the native environment.
At VSD it is recommended to visit sanatoria of the following types:
Balneological resorts are created on the basis of medicinal waters, therefore they mainly offer water procedures. So, at VSD can be appointed general strengthening souls, soothing baths, stimulate circulation of blood mineral baths.
When choosing water should be taken into account features of the regulation of the nervous system and associated diseases. For example, in case of cardiotonic type VSD radon and hydrogen sulphide waters are recommended, with pronounced hypotonia against VSD - iodine-bromine water, with nervous exhaustion - carbon dioxide, with overexcitation - nitrogen water. If sympathicotonia is noted, then it is useful to use sulfamide waters.
Climatic sanatoria - often located on the seaside, which allows patients to saturate with sea air as much as possible. Due to its effect, the nervous system calms down, the person becomes more emotionally balanced. Sea water contains such trace elements as magnesium, bromine, iodine, selenium, manganese, calcium and each of them has a beneficial effect on immunity, cardiovascular and nervous system work.
When bathing in seawater, the body has a psychotherapeutic, physiological, chemical and mechanical effect.
There are also climatic resorts in the mountainous areas. Here the air has a different composition, but it has no less beneficial effect than the sea. In particular, the mountain air activates the blood circulation, saturates the body with negative ions. In addition, it strengthens immunity and sedation affects the nervous system.
Depending on the location of the resort and its therapeutic direction, you can go through the following procedures:
- thalassotherapy - seaweed and sea water are used;
- aerotherapy - air affects a partly or completely naked body;
- hypoxia therapy - the mountain air is affected by the organism;
- heliotherapy - the reception of solar baths is carried out.
Mudhouse sanatoria - based on the use of therapeutic mud, which allows the body to have chemical and thermal effects. Also, in therapeutic mud there are biologically active substances, which, after their penetration into the body, establish processes for the exchange and functioning of vital organs.
In VSD, such methods of mud therapy as mud wraps and individual / common baths, local applications, electrophoresis together with mud treatment can be used.
Additional recovery methods that are used in sanatoria and resorts:
- Dietary nutrition - in vegetative disorders it is useful to eat dishes rich in vitamins and trace elements. Thus, sanatorium and resort institutions often offer a menu of cereals, fruits, vegetables, seafood and dairy products.
- Therapeutic physical training - in dystonia, various types of exercise therapy can be used, but swimming, aerobic exercise, physically simple outdoor sports games are often recommended. For exercise on the simulators, such equipment is permitted, which is not intended to be turned upside down or upside down.
- Physiotherapy - at VSD most often resort to electrophoresis, magnetotherapy, electrosurgery, laser therapy.
- Reflexotherapy - This method is based on exposure to biologically active points that are located throughout the body, for which electrical impulses, magnetic field, needles, or laser are used.
- Massage - there are different types of massage and depending on the type of VSD, one or another method is used. In case of hypertensive flow of vegetonevresis, more massage of the legs, abdomen, collar area is used. With hypotensive VSD - stroking and kneading in combination with vibration.
- Psychotherapy - conducted with the participation of a psychotherapist or a psychologist. During treatment, different methods are used to increase the patient's resistance to emotional stimuli and reduce the likelihood of developing negative emotions.
Treatment of VSD folk remedies
Vegetative dysfunctions are treated not only medically, but also herbal medicines. The main thing is to choose the correct recipes for phytotherapy, which depends on the type of disease. Therefore, the treatment is necessary only with the consent of the doctor-neuropathologist or doctor of family medicine.
In the treatment of folk remedies VSD sympaticotoni type and most often use hawthorn, mint, magnolia, barberry, kalina, valerian, black-husked mountain ash. From these plants, infusions, herbal teas, herbal teas are prepared.
When hypotensive VSD prefer dandelion, immortal, St. John's wort, eleutherococcus, ginseng, juniper, rhodiola pink, nettle dioecious, Chinese lemongrass. Herbal preparations and teas, broths, infusions are prepared from plant components.
The cardiotonic type of VSD is treated with folk remedies by the use of wild rose , valerian, rosemary, mint and raisin. In phytotherapy of these plants, healing fees, herbal teas, and mixtures of infusions are used.
The following folk remedies have the general strengthening effect of the VSD:
- Relaxing herbal collection. Composition: 50 grams of lavender and peppermint and 75 grams of valerian and chamomile. The dry ingredients are mixed and stored in a glass jar, from which, when taken insomnia, take two tablespoons per cup of boiling water. Take before bedtime.
- Evening tea.Composition: in equal proportions, take lavender, violet, melissa, herbal medicine and barberry. A few hours before bedtime brew tea from a tablespoon of herbal collection and a glass of boiling water.
- Soothing herbal collection. Composition: in equal parts take meliss, valerianum, mint list, St. John's wort, cones of hops. The broth is prepared from a table spoon of the collection and a glass of boiling water. Accepted a little over the course of the day.
- General strengthening agent. Composition: take 100 g of birch leaves and kalanchoe, 125 ml of pomegranate juice. You will still need a glass of water. The leaves of plants are filled with water and kept in a steam bath about 10 minutes. After filtering the resulting broth is mixed with the juice of a grenade. Such a medicine takes 10 days in a row for half a stroke a day.
Forecast and prevention
A favorable prognosis is put in the case when the patient drew attention to his condition in time and appropriate measures were taken. Most often, when performing the instructions of the doctor it is possible to improve the general well-being of the patient rather quickly.
The disease may be characterized by a permanent flow, and then VSD becomes the cause of various psychosomatic illnesses. Additionally, the patient starts to poorly adapt to the environment: adults may have lower working capacity, and children have conflicts in the family and in school.
For the prevention of VSD it is necessary to adhere to the following recommendations:
- It is necessary to eliminate various exciting factors, so that the patient can stay calm.
- It is useful to walk more in the fresh air, and before a dream, take a short walk in two hours.
- It is necessary to train and calm the body within reasonable limits
- Carry out an auto-tutorial, which can be advised by a psychologist.
- It is right to eat, in particular, to eat more vegetables and fruits.
Video Treatment and prevention of VSD and nevroz! This must be known to everybody!
Vegetative-vascular dystonia is extremely common today in both adults and children. Even advanced research methods do not allow reducing the prevalence of the disease. With this pathology, the tone of the blood vessels is disturbed, which leads to a change in the activity of various organs and systems of the body.
Today, so-called vegetative-vascular dystonia is widespread. In this regard, patients with a similar disease often raises the question of whether it is possible to drink alcohol and other tonic drinks. The answer, as a rule, is given unequivocal and not suitable for many alcohol lovers.
For the prevention and treatment of vegetative-vascular dystonia, exercises are often used. They are selected for each patient individually, taking into account the rules of physiotherapy. If the exacerbation of VSD is especially frequent due to hypodynamia, then the appropriate physical activity is recommended in the first place.