Tachycardia: symptoms and home-based treatment, effects
Author Ольга Кияница
Tachycardia is a disturbance of the heart rhythm, which may be due to a change in the activity of the conducting system of the heart or the appearance of ectopic foci. In some cases, the disease is almost not manifested, therefore, it is determined on scheduled inspections. But more often, patients feel the expressed symptoms of tachycardia, which do not allow to work normally, to rest or to study.
A characteristic symptom of tachycardia is a rapid heartbeat, but there are other no less significant manifestations that may indicate a rhythm disorder.
Different methods of research are used in the diagnosis of the disease. First of all - a medical examination, which allows you to assess the condition of the patient and assign a further diagnosis. If the examination performed was positive and the cause of the illness was identified, then a tachycardia treatment is prescribed, which, depending on the severity of the pathology, can be carried out at home or in a hospital hospital.
Video What is heart tachycardia and how to treat it?
Varieties of tachycardia
Acquired heartbeat may occur in various conditions, physiological and pathological. Also, tachycardia can act as a major disease if its occurrence is not associated with other pathologies. To know what kind of tachycardia is being discussed, it is worth getting to know the characteristics of a specific disease.
- Sinus tachycardia - no changes other than an increased heart rate are detected in the electrocardiogram. Such a variant of tachycardia is often considered as a variant of the norm, unless the symptoms of its manifestation are rapidly passed in a calm condition.
- Paroxysmal tachycardia is less favorable than the previous one, because it is characterized by a more pronounced clinic, in some cases, severe symptoms. Depending on the localization of the ectopic focal region that generates extraordinary impulses, they differ in supraventricular tachycardia, atrioventricular and ventricular.
- Neparoxysmal tachycardia is more commonly detected in children, so in the "adult" classification of diseases it is almost not met. This type of tachycardia is still known as an accelerated ectopic rhythm. It is not easy to diagnose, therefore, in some cases, a long-term observation of the child is required.
Determining the type of tachycardia is required for proper treatment. Therefore, during the medical examination, the doctor should only report reliable information, without fiction and exaggeration.
Symptoms of tachycardia
There are common manifestations for all forms of tachycardia:
- Swelling of the cervical veins.
- The emergence of difficult breathing.
- >Appearance of pain in the region of the heart.
- Increases or vice versa decreases arterial pressure.
- Concerned by dizziness and premature condition.
It is not necessary that all of the above signs be determined immediately. One symptom or a few may be noted, but the most important during a tachycardia attack is to measure the frequency of heart rate.
Despite the presence of common symptoms for all forms of tachycardia in the form of increased heart rate, etc., the course of each species differs from the rest.
Distinctive symptoms of tachycardia varieties:
- Paroxysmal - an attack starts suddenly and ends in the same way. The heart rate rises to 200 beats / in and above. As a result, emotionally labile people can largely express vegetative symptoms (paleening of the skin, feeling of fear, increased sweating, etc.).
- Neparoxysmal - the increase in symptoms occurs gradually. At first there is an insignificant tachycardia which is not very noticeable. The heart rate can rise to 150 beats / min, but the clinic is not strongly expressed. If during an attack do not make an ECG, then changes are almost imperceptible. Gradually, attacks of rhythm disturbance occur more often if they first lasted for several minutes, then after some time their duration can be several days, weeks or even months.
- Sinusoidal syndrome is manifested by a heartbeat with a heart rate of more than 90 beats per minute, which does not exceed, generally, 120 beats / min. Apart from this, the symptoms are rarely determined, except that the patient has organic heart disease that worsens hemodynamics.
It is important to remember that when the clinic itself is being treated, it often becomes oiled, after which it is difficult to determine the cause of the illness, and in the future it is appropriate to prescribe the treatment. Therefore, before taking any medications you should consult with a doctor.
Treating tachycardia at home
First of all, the impact of harmful factors should be eliminated or minimized. The main thing - you need to avoid stresses that negatively affect the nervous system, in turn, stimulates the activity of the main driver of the rhythm. The result is an increase in heart rate, and in severe cases, a violation of hemodynamics.
Extreme negative effects are the consumption of alcohol or drinks containing caffeine. If you really need to diversify the diet with more suitable drinks, then it is worthwhile to use freshly squeezed juices and purified water, only non-carbonated.
It is very important to eat well to recover. At home, eating takes place best. You can easily chew food, as well as the frequency of meals can be three to four times, depending on the recommendations of the doctor. In some cases, it is better to eat more often, but in smaller portions than to immediately load the stomach and then suffer from arrhythmia.
Being at home treatment, you should correctly approach the organization of the day schedule:
- Night sleep should be sufficient, about 8 hours in a row. If this does not work, then it is necessary to adhere to the day in the afternoon.
- Physical activity should be improved and for the time to refuse professional sports. The only thing you need to take a walk in the fresh air every day before bedtime.
- Work hours should be reduced if possible, especially attentively to their health when sitting or, conversely, "standing" work. It is necessary that the legs do not overlap from a long sitting, at the same time is on the feet of the whole is also very harmful to the heart and vessels.
At home, prescription medications can be taken. Also, the main therapy is often complemented by folk medicine, but again, only with the consent of the doctor.
Of folk medicine for the treatment of tachycardia is often used:
- Hawthorn - flowers and berries;
- vineyard - leaves;
- adonis - grass
With the correct reception, many patients manage to calm the nervous system and restore normal heart activity through herbal teas. They are prepared on the basis of valerian, honeysuckle, melissa. If necessary, add the St. John's wort, linden, nettle, mint and get excellent vitamin teas, strengthening the cardiovascular system.
Video How to treat tachycardia. Working methods
For home use, it is recommended to have several recipes of vitamin cocktails useful to the heart:
- "Oriental" - on a half kilogram of nuts (it is possible different, but more commonly - walnut), lemons, prunes, dried apricots, raisins and honey. Ingredients can be crushed on their own or with a blender. Appropriate time to receive - before meals, in quantities not more than one pc.
- "Vitamin" - on a liter bank take berries of hawthorn and shrimp, and on a half-liter - dog rose and cranberries. Ingredients need to be put in a jar, necessarily - layer by layer, pouring them with sugar, a better option - honey. About a week or two healing remedies are insisted, the berries are impregnated with sugar or honey, separating juice and useful substances. As a result, the received infusion is taken over a teaspoon before meals, and the berries are added to tea.
Vegetable salads, juices and various cashews positively affect the work of the heart. In particular, juices from radishes, beets and carrots, which in various proportions are mixed and accepted every day, are well-proven. Some lovers of apples and onions drove them on a shallow grater, after which the resulting casserole is used among the main meals.
Consequences of untreated tachycardia
Acquired heartbeat has a very negative effect on the condition of the heart and blood vessels. Older people and patients with organic heart disease are especially tricyclic. With an increase in heart rate, the need for myocardium in oxygen increases and, in case of its lack, it may result in ischemia or even a heart attack. Therefore, often occurring tachycardia, which is accompanied by hemodynamic disorders, is a serious reason for a visit to the cardiologist.
With an increase in the frequency of heartbeats, it is often necessary to diagnose sinus tachycardia. What can it mean, especially if the violation is determined in children of different ages? Most often, a change in rhythm does not pose a particular danger, but it is also necessary to know when medical care may be required.
Different types of treatments help to be healthy. Folk medicine refers to the most commonly used methods, because it allows a person to choose the one that suits him. In particular, there are many recipes and methods of treating folk remedies for arrhythmias and tachycardia. Such pathologies are often encountered today, and medical treatment is far from always being performed.
The appearance of tachycardia in intercostal neuralgia indicates a complication of the underlying disease. Symptoms typical of tachycardia arise: palpitations, a feeling of ripple in the temples or at the neck. Some patients complain about cold limbs, increased sweating, irritability and pallor of the skin. These are signs of autonomic disorders, they are more often manifested in emotionally labile people.