Pulse with arrhythmia – how to calm
Author Ольга Кияница
Arrhythmia refers to cardiovascular disease and is characterized by changes in the activity of the heart, as well as the heart rate. In most cases, arrhythmia is poorly expressed and does not bring much discomfort to a person, but often there is severe fatigue, dizziness, irritability and other signs of illness that reduce the quality of life.
Violation of the rhythm develops for various reasons, but mainly against the background of frequent stresses and diseases of the cardiovascular system (hypertension, ischemic heart disease, disruption of the valve apparatus).
Diagnosis of pathology is performed on the basis of an electrocardiogram, ultrasound examination of the heart, stress tests, Holter monitoring. If the cause of the illness is established, arrhythmia treatment is prescribed, but sometimes it is required to calm the heart in such conditions, when there is no possibility to ask the doctor or the previously used methods do not help. You can prepare for such situations in advance by watching a video.
Video How to help yourself with arrhythmia: interruptions in the heart, heavy breathing, rapid pulse?
Pulse and arrhythmia
Which pulse should be normal? In the normal state, the heart rate (the so-called pulse, determined on the radial, carotid and other arteries) in an adult is 60 to 90 beats / min. In children, the heart rate is slightly different, depending on the age of the child - the lower it is, the greater the HR, so in the first months after birth, the pulse is approximately 140-170 beats / min.
Under the influence of these or other factors, the activity of the heart changes more or less, that is, tachycardia or a bradycardia occurs.
In addition to the above violations, the following heart rate changes can be observed:
- Paroxysms - there are sharp and, as it were, causeless palpitations, in which the heart rate can be 220-240 beats / min. The same sudden end of paroxysm. At the same time, the rhythm of cardiac activity can be uniform and chaotic.
- Extrasystolia - myocardium is contracted irregularly due to the emergence of extraordinary stimulatory impulses. Violation of the rhythm can be regarded as a variant of the norm if the number of extrasystoles does not exceed 1500 times a day. With extrasystole, which sharply worsens the patient's health, medical assistance should be provided.
- Atrial fibrillation - the heart contracts frequently and chaotically (that is, the work of the atria does not match the activity of the ventricles). Because of the wrong rhythm, the risk of thromboembolism increases.
Some forms of arrhythmia require immediate medical attention, others can be stopped at home. If you know how to work on the heart system, you can even calm arrhythmia even before the ambulance arrives.
How to live with arrhythmia
There are several variants of the flow of arrhythmia, according to which the way of life of the patient is organized.
1. Violation of the rhythm does not bother, and the arrhythmia itself does not cause anxiety in the doctors - in such cases it is sufficient to adhere to general recommendations aimed at eliminating bad habits, normalizing the diet and daily activity.
It is important to remember that patients with mild arrhythmia can lead a normal lifestyle (travel, fly, play sports), but with an eye to the fact that the first signs of a disorder of the heart are already there.
2. Moderate arrhythmia in the absence of hemodynamic disorders, but with a pronounced clinic - in such cases, the doctor prescribes antiarrhythmic drugs, but in small doses and similar means should be with the patient all the time, especially while traveling, traveling and so on. Also, with this form of arrhythmia, as with the previous one, general restorative measures are useful in the form of massage, balneotherapy, electrophoresis, water procedures.
3. Severe forms of arrhythmia, which are either poorly felt and determined only by the ECG, or characterized by a pronounced clinic, must be amenable to appropriate treatment. At the same time, various trips, sports activities and some kinds of work can be limited.
At all variants of an arrhythmia flow it is necessary to refuse alcohol and smoking. If the bad habits are maintained, the treatment prescribed by the doctor, as well as the observance of proper nutrition, will not be effective enough.
Basic principles of proper nourishment with arrhythmia
- A potassium-rich diet helps to improve well-being in certain types of arrhythmias, with the exception of blockades. Such products are apples, bananas, potatoes, pumpkin, dried fruits. Help to cope with the arrhythmia of peaches, garlic and some plants like hawthorn, yarrow.
- The intake of magnesium in the body in sufficient quantities should also be debugged. To do this, the diet should include buckwheat, bread with bran, legumes, various types of nuts, sunflower seeds.
- Depending on the level of cholesterol and other indicators, it may be necessary to exclude from the daily use animal fats and table salt. Particularly negatively affect the heart muscle smoked, fried, spicy foods, so they also need to be excluded from the diet.
- At excess weight it is necessary to use more low-calorie products, since the load on the heart proportionately increases the increased mass of the body. In addition, it should be remembered that unloading days in the form of apple, kefir and vegetable diets help improve metabolism in the body.
Video of Elena Malysheva. What can not be eaten while taking medications for arrhythmia?
How not to forget about taking antiarrhythmic drugs
In the treatment and prevention of attacks of arrhythmia, an important role is played by medications prescribed by the doctor. Their reception should be regular, only in this case positive results can be achieved. In order not to forget about taking medications, you can use the following recommendations:
- The available information on the medicines prescribed by the doctor should be collected and studied (instructions, testimonials, practical advice).
- All medicines, as a rule, need to be washed down with plain water, and not with juices, compotes, tea or coffee.
- If you have not one, but several drugs, you need to start a diary with an hourly reception schedule.
- The number of the remaining tablets should be controlled, then it will be possible to purchase a new package of the drug in time. Also in this case helps to record in the diary of the expected date of purchase of the next package.
- In a timely reception of drugs, modern gadgets with built-in organizers are good. It is enough to put reminders in your mobile, smartphone, or just hang the calendar in a prominent place to always take the medicine on time.
- Pharmacies sell special pills or tablets, in which you can immediately distribute the drugs on separate containers. They are convenient for travel or business trips. But for long trips you should take a longer stock of drugs.
It is necessary to know that antiarrhythmic drugs can exceed the expected value. This should not upset, because you can ask the doctor about the substitutes or analogues, which at a price will be more available.
How to calm arrhythmia
At home, you can try to calm the arrhythmia only with a slightly expressed clinic. At the same time, one must strictly monitor the condition and, at the first deterioration, do not hesitate to call an ambulance.
The main methods of arresting an attack of tachycardia and atrial fibrillation:
- Do not put too much pressure on the eyeballs.
- Make a massage of the carotid sinus.
- Summoning of vomiting by artificial means.
- A deep breath is holding his breath.
- You can drink a glass of cool ordinary water.
Arrhythmia against a background of chronic fatigue or frequent experiences can be eliminated by counting out loud. To do this, you need to sit in a comfortable position, feel your pulse on your left hand and start counting in your voice. Even if the rhythm is wrong, you should try to count evenly, ignoring the arising violations. Gradually, heart activity to improve.
First aid for bradycardia:
- Take a foot or a semi-recess hot bath.
- Drink strong coffee or black tea.
- Take a walk in the fresh air.
- Exercise physically.
If there is no result from the above actions, you need to lie on your back and raise your legs above the body level, for which a roll or pillow is placed.
What to do in case of severe arrhythmia
There are several recipes from traditional medicine that can be used in various forms of arrhythmia, but most importantly with the consent of the doctor, as this will help to avoid complications.
- In advance, the acquired tinctures of valerian, hawthorn, motherwort and oats are mixed in equal shares and after shaking take in a dose one teaspoon per glass of ordinary water. Take it in small sips.
- Early purchased essential oils like lavender, cinnamon, pine, melissa cloves are mixed in 10 drops and are inhaled after applying a drop of the mixture to the handkerchief. You can also use another complex of essential oils: eucalyptus, sage, peppermint, thyme, sage.
It is important to remember that when determining heart rate above 170 beats / min and below 40 beats per minute (the figures are for adults, for children 200 and 70 beats / min respectively and depending on age), do not hesitate to call an ambulance.
Pulse is an important biomarker of the body's condition, which is why every woman in the situation is important to know the rate of the pulse, as well as those changes that appear, you should immediately consult a doctor. Especially the information is relevant for those who believe that they are all right with the heart and blood vessels.
Among all the biological markers of a person's state, the pulse is of paramount importance. His first task is determined by a person who has lost consciousness, also must be taken into account when investigating the activity of the heart. There are age-old pulse rates, in addition there are features of pulse characteristics in pregnant women and athletes.
The main indicator of health is considered the pulse. It is not difficult to determine it, and most often the measurement is done at rest. This helps to find out most precisely the basic capabilities of the heart, and if necessary, consult a doctor in time, since both a decrease and an increase in heart rate may indicate a serious disease.