Low blood pressure
Author Ольга Кияница
Arterial pressure in the normal state should not be determined below 100/90. If even at this mark there are signs of low blood pressure, they talk about hypotension. Most often the clinic of hypotension begins to manifest itself at the values of 90/60. Most often, you can suspect a low blood pressure with a drop in blood pressure by 20% compared to the baseline.
Under reduced pressure, stroke and myocardial infarction are much less likely to occur than hypertension. But this does not make the disease more favorable, because in some cases severe weakness and headaches do not allow a person to lead a full life.
To diagnose pathology, first of all use a conventional tonometer. In the future, additional research methods are used to help determine the cause of the disease. In the future, depending on the clinic, treatment is prescribed, which in most cases is done at home.
Why does the pressure of a person fall? 7 main reasons
Low pressure classification
Hypotension is divided into two large groups - chronic and acute. In this case, chronic low blood pressure can be primary and secondary.
Chronic hypotension is often referred to as a physiological one and is often observed in athletes who train for a long time and regularly. With this form of pathology, a person feels well, he is not disturbed by weakness and dizziness, so this condition is considered a variant of the norm.
Primary, or idiopathic , hypotension is an independent disease. In some cases, its occurrence is associated with neurosis-like disorders affecting the vasomotor center located in the brain.
Secondary low blood pressure is a frequent companion of many pathological conditions. In the first place occurs with inflammatory diseases (pancreatitis, hepatitis, cystitis, rheumatism). Also, various endocrinological disorders are accompanied by hypotension, especially diabetes mellitus, dysfunction of the thyroid gland. With improper intake of a number of drugs, secondary low blood pressure also develops, similar to both with heart failure, intoxications and tumor processes.
Acute hypotension is a symptomatic pathology, which is a complication of a number of diseases. In the first place - myocardial infarction, because in violation of cardiac activity due to the development of ischemia, the contractility of the myocardium decreases. Other pathologies accompanied by reduced pressure are extensive trauma or damage, pulmonary embolism, severe rhythm disturbances, cardiac pulse blockade, various shock states and blood loss.
Reduced blood pressure: causes and consequences
There are a large number of predisposing factors that affect the development of hypotension. This or that reason leads to the development of a certain form of reduced pressure.
- Frequent training, living in high mountains or tropical (subtropical) climate, working in hot shops - lead to the development of physiological hypotension.
- Sepsis, traumatic lesions, burns, blood loss, severe intoxication (including overdose of drugs) - contribute to the emergence of acute hypotension.
- Diseases of the internal organs and the disorder of the endocrine system (hypothyroidism, diabetes mellitus) - provoke the appearance of a secondary decrease in blood pressure.
Correct definition of the cause of low blood pressure allows further effective treatment. Especially important is emergency care, which is primarily carried out with acute hypotension.
From what else is low pressure and how to bring it back to normal
Orthostatic hypotension - often defined today pathology, which in rare cases requires specific treatment. There is a pathology with a change in the position of the body, or rather with a sharp rise, although before that the person lay for a long time or sat.
During pregnancy, low blood pressure is often determined. This condition is associated with a change in the tone of the arteries, because of which the pressure is not maintained at the usual level.
Symptoms of low blood pressure
The disease has a number of characteristic signs, the definition of which immediately suggests the idea of hypotension:
- weakness and drowsiness;
- increased emotional excitability;
- difficulty concentrating to solve the usual problem;
- sleep disorder (morning hard to wake up, and at night, insomnia is noted);
- blanching of the skin;
- difficult tolerance of physical exertion due to dyspnea and palpitation;
- cold hands and feet;
- dull headache, which can also be aching, pressing, pulsating;
- intolerance of travel due to the appearance of nausea;
The last sign with an unfavorable development of the disease can go into a loss of consciousness. Such a condition is considered urgent and requires the intervention of medical personnel. In more mild cases, a person feels drowsiness during the day, which reduces the working capacity. The patient can sleep for 8 hours or more, without feeling fresh and cheerful after rest. Therefore, it is extremely important not to ignore such a condition and to conduct appropriate therapy.
What to do with low blood pressure
It is important to prevent a sharp drop in blood pressure. For this you need to pay attention to the following points:
- The liquid must be used in sufficient quantities.
- It is necessary to rise from a sitting or lying position smoothly, but not abruptly.
- The amount of caffeine consumed should be reduced.
- Alcoholic beverages should be completely excluded from use.
- Knitted goods that are worn should have a compression effect.
- The feeling of dizziness should be immediately suppressed, for which it is necessary to sit down or lie down.
Emergency care for lowering blood pressure:
- The patient is laid horizontally, after which a roller is placed under the legs, so that they are above the head.
- If there is no possibility to lay, the patient is seated and his head is lowered between the knees as low as possible.
- If the preceding paragraph is weak, then it is recommended to drink water or strong tea.
- Emotional tone is raised by aromatic oils like rosemary, camphor and mint.
- To raise blood pressure helps eat a piece of black bread and salt.
Auxiliary treatment of low blood pressure
It is based on the implementation of simple recommendations related to nutrition, medication, folk remedies. Also of considerable importance is the correctly adjusted regime of the day and massage, especially point. In the complex, ancillary treatment can have a considerable effect on improving the patient's well-being.
- Power . It should be saturated with products rich in potassium, calcium, vitamins A, B, C, E. It is useful to add turmeric, chili, cinnamon to the dishes, but this is only in the absence of contraindications to their use. Under reduced pressure, you need to eat cheese, cottage cheese, eggs, carrots, potatoes, eggplants, sorrel, onions, pomegranates. It is necessary to include in the diet red meat, liver, butter, rice and buckwheat are recommended from porridges.
- Drug treatment . To date, pharmacology is not enough drugs that increase the pressure. In the field of studying this problem, there is little research, so drug therapy is not too diverse. As a rule, apply midodrin (shown with orthostatic hypotension) and fludrocortisone (hormonal agent, which is used in various forms of hypotension).
- Therapy is folk remedies . Most often, extracts and tinctures of magnolia vine, aralia, ginseng and eleutherococcus are prescribed. Of folk recipes is often used honey with lemon, immortelle, rhodiola rosea.
General and acupressure stimulates the activity of various internal organs, simultaneously raising the tone of the sympathetic nervous system. With proper conduct, it is possible to normalize blood pressure at the easy stages of the disease. For more detailed information, please contact your doctor.
Video Low Pressure? Traditional methods of treatment
The human body needs many nutrients that allow normal functioning of all organs and tissues. One of the most necessary is vitamin C. Its proper use helps prevent the development of various diseases, and, if necessary, help cure certain cardiovascular disorders.
Among the various indicators of the physiological state of a person, a special place is occupied by arterial pressure. This indicator, as well as the pulse, has a direct connection with the cardiovascular system and in its magnitude it is possible to determine in general whether the person is in a normal state or is presumably suffering from any kind of disease.
Many complain of high blood pressure, but no less people are suffering because of hypotension. In both cases, it is useful to know those products that increase blood pressure, since they can be used for hypotension, but for hypertension it is necessary to refuse them categorically.