What drugs to take with arrhythmias of the heart
Author Ольга Кияница
Arrhythmia is a group of cardiovascular diseases that are united by a common symptom - a disturbance of normal heart rhythm. In most cases, the pathology is a complication of other diseases (myocardial infarction, arterial hypertension, diabetes), while sometimes arrhythmia is defined as an independent disorder.
The appointment of drugs is carried out in a pronounced clinical picture, when the patient experiences a significant impairment of quality of life. In the absence of specific therapy, heavier complications may develop.
To know for sure which pill for cardiac arrhythmias should be used, the doctor assigns additional research methods. First of all, it is electrocardiography, further depending on the symptoms of the disease, Holter monitoring, strain tests and clinical analyzes are performed. Exemplary regimens of medications recommended for tachycardia are listed in the video below.
Video Therapeutic drugs for tachycardia
Groups of drugs used for arrhythmia
The medical practice uses the Vaughan Williams Scale, which includes four groups of drugs most commonly used in various forms of arrhythmia:
- Beta-adrenoblockers . The effectiveness of the action is manifested by reducing the activity of the mediators involved in increasing the heart rate and the force of contraction. The most vivid representatives of this group are metoprolol, propranolol, atenolol, and others.
- Blockers of calcium channels . Terminate the transfer of ionic complexes that directly affect the enhancement of the contractile function of the myocardium. The most famous drugs from this group are diltiazem and verapamil.
- Sodium channel blockers . Affect the contractility and excitability of cardiomyocytes, and also stabilize their membrane. Lycocaine, novocainamide, quinidine is most commonly used in this group. Disopyramide and Mexilite are also known.
- Preparations for arrhythmia that normalize the refractory period . The group includes five drugs - sotalol, amiodarone, brityilum, ibutylide, tosylate.
The classification presented is not perfect because some commonly used drugs such as digoxin, atropine and adenosine have not been included. Also, some medicines, such as amiodarone, act at once in several directions, so they can be considered complex. In cardiology, the most commonly used drugs from several groups, and such treatment is also called complex. Next, the most commonly used in the cardiology group of drugs that are effective in heart arrhythmia are considered.
The final conclusion on which drugs should be taken by a patient with arrhythmias of the heart, is taken out by the attending physician.
The severity of arrhythmia is often eliminated or reduced by the use of antiarrhythmic drugs. The target cells of their actions are cardiomyocytes, which begin to decrease more rhythmically. It also improves metabolic processes in the myocardium.
Preparations from the group of antiarrhythmics are provided without dosage, since for appointment are prescribed only by the cardiologist:
When using antiarrhythmic drugs, side effects often occur in the form of a feeling of discomfort or pain. In such cases it is not necessary to stop the drug on its own. It is necessary to inform about the unpleasant sensations of the doctor and then can be adjusted the dose of the drug or replaced by another remedy.
Video arrhythmia-tips how to calm the heart
Most of the cardiovascular disease occurs due to frequent stresses. That is why for the treatment and prevention of arrhythmia, sedative remedies are often recommended. The main representatives of this group are barbiturates, drug collections and bromides.
- Medicinal dues are new-passits, persens, antaras 120, altalexes, sanosan, calming collections Nos. 1 and 2.
- Barbiturates are a well-known corvalolum widely used by our mothers and grandmothers.
- Bromides - the most common are potassium bromide and sodium bromide.
Sedative agents are very easy to overdose, which can cause a number of psycho-neurological disorders, as well as problems with the heart. Therefore, it is extremely important to take medication on the consistency of the doctor.
Antiarrhythmic drugs are not suitable for all patients, therefore, in the case of their intolerance, there are tranquilizers.Most often, these agents are used for atrial fibrillation, but it is also possible to use for rapid normalization of cardiac activity. Drugs from the group of tranquilizers expand the blood vessels, thereby reducing blood pressure. In addition, their use reduces heart rate, so they are often prescribed for the treatment of tachycardia.
On tranquilizers, as a rule, receipts are issued, but even at free sale it is not necessary to accept them without the approval of the doctor, because the high risk of serious complications.
Of the group of tranquilizers with arrhythmia, seduksen, phenazepam, and elenium are often used. Also known are drugs such as diazepam, medazepam, xanax. Not so often, but still used grandaksin. In this case, without the tranquilizers, it is possible to do quite well if treatment of the underlying disease (for example, ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, arterial hypertension) is performed.
In arrhythmias, various metabolic disorders in the body are often determined. An elevated cholesterol can be detected, which also affects cardiac activity. For such disorders, homeopathic remedies are of great help, which can be expressed in the following forms:
- Nervocheel - shown in various neurosis-like conditions, which may be associated with hormonal changes in the body.Accepted by sublingual, three times daily per tablet.
- Valerian tincture - used when overexcited. It is used mainly for the night of 25 drops, but can be 2-3 times and day by 20 drops.
- Kralonin - used for heart rhythm disorders in the elderly, as well as shown in cardi neurosis. It is often added to complex therapy for myocardial infarction.
Finally, it should be noted that the weakly expressed arrhythmia can be corrected by the regular use of a honey spoon at night. The apricots and dried apricots are positively affected by the heart. Useful vitamins and microelements saturate the body with various berries, especially watermelons, raspberries, currant.
In one of the forms of arrhythmia, namely extrasystoles, not all drugs can be used. The best option is the appointment of a cardiologist, but even the most sick should be aware of what drugs can be taken with cardiac arrhythmia. As a result, a more thorough treatment course will be achieved.
Violation of the rhythm may occur at the most inappropriate moment and it is important to know how to stop the arrhythmia attack quickly and efficiently. One thing is, when the complication happened at home, when everything is on hand, and completely different – in a public place. Therefore, patients with arrhythmia, like their relatives, should be aware of the rules for removing the onset of an attack.