How to quickly increase the pressure in the home
Author Ольга Кияница
Hypotension is a low blood pressure that arises from a malfunction of the heart, dysfunction of nervous regulation, etc. Low blood pressure can cause dizziness and fainting. That's why it's important to raise blood pressure to a healthy level. Fortunately, there are some things that you can do even at home to improve your well-being and overall health.
The ideal indicator of blood pressure in an adult is 120/80 mm Hg. Art. Taking into account individual differences, there may be a slight increase or decrease in this value.
To determine the value of blood pressure, a tonometer is most often used, which can be determined independently or with the help of an unauthorized person. During the diagnostic study, additional medical equipment may be used
Video: How to raise low blood pressure at home?
Description of hypotension
What is low blood pressure?
The concept of "low blood pressure," also known as hypotension, is used to determine the sudden drop in blood pressure, which affects various organs of the body, and in extreme cases, symptoms of shock.
The reasons for the sudden drop in blood pressure are as follows.
- Dehydration caused by prolonged nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, or physical exertion.
- Bleeding, both mild and severe.
- Inflammatory or infectious diseases of organs (acute pancreatitis).
- Heart disease, based on weakening of the heart muscle, slowing of the heart rate, blood clots in the heart, etc.
- Medications used to treat high blood pressure, depression, as well as diuretics and calcium channel blockers.
- Deficiency of vitamin B12 or folic acid.
- Adrenal insufficiency.
- Vazovagalnye reaction.
- Postural hypotension.
- Alcohol abuse.
- Narcotic or nicotine dependence.
Low blood pressure is characterized by the following symptoms.
- Weakness or fainting.
- Feeling of sticky sweat.
If blood pressure has decreased because of the underlying disease, it can lead to the appearance of the following signs and symptoms:
- Orthostatic hypotension (lifting from a recumbent or sitting position can cause symptoms of hypotension).
- Heart disease (chest pain or heart attack).
- Kidney disease (increased levels of urea and creatinine in the blood because of decreased blood supply to the kidneys).
- A trauma or stroke that causes damage to internal organs, such as the kidneys, heart, lungs or brain.
Below is a table that can help everyone understand the normal state and abnormal ranges of blood pressure.
Arterial pressure (BP) is the force with which circulating blood acts on the walls of blood vessels. AD takes a direct part in the formation of heart rhythm, breathing and body temperature.
The arterial pressure of a person is expressed in two forms: systolic and diastolic arterial pressure.
- Systolic blood pressure (the upper index) is the pressure in the arteries, when the heart muscles contract and pump blood.
- Diastolic blood pressure (the lower index) is the blood pressure in the vessels during relaxation of the myocardium after contraction.
Arterial pressure will always be higher with a contraction of the heart, and not during relaxation.
Systolic blood pressure in a healthy person is from 90 to 120 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg). While the diastolic blood pressure is between 60 and 80 mm Hg, Art.
|Categories of blood pressure||Systolic (upper)||The diastolic (lower)|
|Low blood pressure||less than 100||less than 60|
|Normal blood pressure||less than 120||less than 80|
|Increased||120-129||less than 80|
|High blood pressure
(hypertension, stage 1)
|High blood pressure
(hypertension, stage 2)
|140 or higher||90 or higher|
(You need to seek emergency medical help)
|above 180||above 120|
Thus, normal blood pressure should be below 120/80. More than 130/80 is considered high. Low blood pressure is often characterized by symptoms, not numbers. Nevertheless, people prone to hypertension should be on their guard if their blood pressure drops to 100/60 or lower.
It is important that the blood pressure is in the normal range, then it will be possible to avoid complications. If the blood pressure for some time was constantly low, you need to see a doctor. In the absence of serious diseases or conditions that cause hypotension, you can return blood pressure to the normal range, following the natural remedies and recommendations listed below.
The natural increase in pressure
Vitamins B12 and E can help in raising low blood pressure. In fact, vitamin E should not be used by those who have high blood pressure. Vitamin B12 is used to treat anemia, with an additional increase in blood pressure.
To get the required amount of these vitamins, you need to consume:
- sweet potato;
Additionally, you can take food supplements or vitamin-mineral complexes, but only after consulting a doctor.
It will take: 1-2 teaspoons of coffee powder, 1 glass of water, sugar to taste. It will be necessary to add one or two teaspoons of coffee powder in a cup of water. Bring to a boil in a saucepan. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes and add sugar if desired. Allow him to cool slightly before drinking and then enjoy a drink.
To improve the condition with hypotension, you need to drink two cups of coffee daily. Because coffee is a rich source of caffeine, this substance can temporarily increase blood pressure, which in turn will improve one's health.
- Green tea
It will take: 1 teaspoon of green tea, 1 glass of hot water, honey or sugar to taste. It will be necessary to pour a teaspoon of green tea with a cup of boiling water. After standing for 5 minutes, tea is brewed and it can be enjoyed with a leisurely drink.
Just like coffee, green tea is a rich source of caffeine. Although the exact mechanism of how caffeine reduces blood pressure is not fully understood, it is believed that it blocks the hormone responsible for maintaining the expansion of the arteries.
- Rosemary oil
It will take: 6 drops of rosemary oil, 1 tablespoon of any carrier oil (coconut or olive oil). It will be necessary to mix six drops of rosemary oil with a tablespoon of any carrier oil. Then the whole body is massaged with aromatic oil. In addition, you can add rosemary oil to the water while taking a bath, which will absorb it during bathing.
Massage or bathing procedures can be done once a day. The rosemary oil itself contains camphor, which stimulates the respiratory system, as well as blood circulation. Thus, rosemary oil is very useful for the treatment of low blood pressure because of its antihypertensive nature.
- Salty water
It will take: ½ teaspoon of salt, 1 glass of water. It will be necessary to stir half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water and drink the resulting solution. This should be done only in the event of a sudden drop in blood pressure.
The presence of sodium in the salt makes it an ideal means for increasing blood pressure. However, this way you can not abuse, because the intake of too much salt in the body can have a bad effect on health.
It will take: 1 teaspoon of ginseng tea, 1 glass of water, honey at will. It will be necessary to add a teaspoon of ginseng tea in a cup of water. Bring to a boil in a saucepan and cook for 5 minutes, after which - drain. Tea should be allowed to cool a little before adding a little honey and a drink. This remedy should be taken 2 to 3 times a day.
Ginseng, even in very small amounts, raises blood pressure in people suffering from hypotension. However, in high doses it can increase blood pressure too much, so it is better to consume it moderately.
- Basil and honey
It will take: 10-15 fresh basil leaves, 1 teaspoon of honey. It will be necessary to squeeze out the juice from 10-15 leaves of the plant and mix it with a teaspoon of honey. Consume the mixture little by little. It is advisable to do this every morning.
Basil (tulsi) has many advantages due to its therapeutic, adaptogenic, anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective properties.It is also a rich source of nutrients, such as vitamin C, magnesium and potassium. The combined effects of these nutritional components and properties help to treat low blood pressure.
It will take: 1 teaspoon of licorice tea, 1 glass of water, honey at will. It will be necessary to add a teaspoon of licorice tea in a cup of water. The mixture is brought to a boil in a saucepan and boiled for 5 minutes. Filter and allow to cool slightly. The medium is added a little to the tea and consumed. You should drink this tea 2-3 times a day.
Licorice root helps to increase blood pressure in people suffering from hypotension.
Change in lifestyle
While the aforementioned natural remedies have a direct effect on the body and help to raise blood pressure quickly enough, you also need to follow simple prevention tips to avoid complications and progression of hypotension.
Advice on prevention
- Follow a diet high in salt.
- Drink plenty of fluids in the form of water and fruit juices.
- You need to drink enough fluids when the weather is hot.
- Limit alcohol consumption.
- Regularly exercise to promote blood circulation.
- Take precautions, sitting or standing, training your legs or ankles to avoid a sudden drop in blood pressure.
- Raise your bed head while you sleep.
- Do not lift excessive weights.
- Do not expose yourself to hot water for a long time.
- Have more frequent meals in divided batches.
The diet also plays a very important role in the normalization of blood pressure. There are useful tips on dietary nutrition that will allow you to consume the right foods and avoid those that lower blood pressure.
The best products that increase blood pressure
- Foods high in vitamin B12 such as eggs, cereals and beef.
- Foods high in folate, such as asparagus, liver and beans.
- Salty foods such as canned soup, cottage cheese, smoked fish and black olives.
- Caffeine can also help in the temporary increase in blood pressure.
Video: Which products increase the pressure?
Products to be avoided with hypotension
- White rice.
- White bread.
- Cakes and sweets.
Taking the necessary precautions, adhering to dietary supplements and remedies, you can avoid further complications.The above recommendations are useful, especially when you need to quickly and at home to eliminate the drop in blood pressure.
Additional ways to increase pressure
- In the presence of low blood pressure, it is not recommended to suddenly get up abruptly from bed. Before rising from bed after a night's sleep, you first need to stimulate your circulatory system: stretch-stretch and perform simple exercises in bed (move your hands and feet).
- In the morning, a contrast shower (alternating dousing with warm and cold water) can help. Cold water will cause blood vessels to contract, which helps increase blood pressure, while warm water stimulates body saturation with oxygen and adds energy.
- Low pressure should pay attention to systematic exercise. To gently add a tonus, it is worth trying pilates or techniques from the Far East, such as tai chi. Quick walks or jogging will also be helpful. In this case, it is necessary to avoid exercises with rapidly changing positions, such as aerobics and martial arts. A rapid ascent from the squat position causes the blood to drift sharply from the brain to the legs, resulting in dizziness.
- In the treatment of hypotension, especially in people with lower limb edema, it is recommended to wear compression stockings or socks that will improve the venous circulation.
If hypotension is more often defined in a standing position, then this disease can be treated with the help of special stimulating drugs. In such cases, doctors usually appoint:
- Dihydroergotamine (Dihydroenergotamine);
- Caffeine-benzoate sodium.
Narcotic substances (midodrin, fludrocortisone) are used when lifestyle changes and other medications do not work. It is also important to know that the effect of pharmacotherapy is weak and often short-lived.
Video: How to increase PRESSURE at home? Folk remedies for Hypotonia.
In hypertension, an increase in blood pressure can occur suddenly - under the influence of physical activity, stress, weather changes or insufficiently selected therapy. In these cases, the risk of complications increases, including an attack of chest pain or stroke. Therefore, it is important to know how to quickly reduce blood pressure at home. It is recommended to check with the cardiologist beforehand which medications can be taken in this situation.
Participated pulse can be determined at different states, but what if normal pressure is observed? Could this be a hazard in a similar way or is it a variant of the norm? Much depends on the presence of concomitant diseases, the course of which can be complicated in combination with a rapid pulse, even at normal pressure.
In medical terminology, there is such a definition as hypotension or hypotension. It should be understood as low blood pressure, which, depending on the clinic, can take a different degree of severity. The lower the arterial pressure, the worse the patient feels. In severe cases, shock or collapse may develop.