How many live with arrhythmia
Author Ольга Кияница
Arrhythmia refers to pathological conditions, characterized by a significant change in heart rate, as well as the rhythm and consistency of the work of various parts of the heart. The arrhythmia group includes various forms of rhythm disturbance, some of which are considered as a variant of the norm, and others as life-threatening conditions.
To obtain a reliable answer to the question of how many people live with cardiac arrhythmia, it is first of all necessary to determine its clinical affiliation.
For this purpose, appropriate research, instrumental and clinical studies are carried out. In the beginning, electrocardiography is performed, which, if necessary, is supplemented with holter monitoring. Also an important diagnostic value is ultrasound of the heart, electrophysiological study, coronarography. It is necessary to remember the first symptoms that indicated a problem with the heart, and then the answer to the question of how many live with cardiac arrhythmia is provided with maximum accuracy.
Video The first symptoms of heart problems that should not be ignored
Prognosis of the disease
Long-term and quality of life with arrhythmia is determined based on the prognostic conclusion.
There are several types of disease predictions, according to which one can understand how long they live with arrhythmia:
Существует несколько типов прогнозов болезни, соответственно которым можно понять, как долго живут с аритмией:
- Favorable prognosis - if successful treatment is expected, complete recovery or the course of the disease is more or less favorable.
- Unfavorable prognosis - the course of the disease can be complicated and even malignant, with incomplete recovery.
- Doubtful forecast - it is impossible to accurately indicate the course of the development of the disease, which can occur both benign and maliciously.
- Deadly forecast - the estimated deadlines are indicated, sometimes without them.
It is important to point out that the prognostic opinion is given only by the attending physician or the medical commission, which in complex cases is going to assess the patient's condition.
How many live with sinus arrhythmia
With sinus arrhythmia, there is a change in the heart rate, which is combined with a violation of the rhythm of the heart. With the help of electrocardiography, an incorrect sinus rhythm is determined, which is expressed in the alternation of tachycardia (accelerated heartbeat) with bradycardia (slow heartbeat).
Sinus arrhythmia is often seen as a variant of the norm, especially in childhood, when clinical symptoms are absent or mild, and the ECG changes sinus rhythm.
Clinically important is a pronounced sinus arrhythmia, which remains at rest and significantly reduces the productivity and quality of life of the patient. If you care about the type of how many live with sinus arrhythmia, then first of all pay attention to the clinic of the disease.
- A favorable prognosis is assumed in the event that the symptoms of arrhythmia are not pronounced, and the response to treatment is positive. Most often, they live with physiological sinus arrhythmia without disturbing the quality of life. This also includes a functional disorder caused by autonomic disorders. Such diseases do not significantly change the quality of life of the patient, so life with them is completely permissible.
- An unfavorable prognosis awaits those patients who, in addition to sinus arrhythmia, have found organic heart lesions. Also, various concomitant diseases such as arterial hypertension, diabetes, thyroid dysfunction contribute to the worsening of the arrhythmia prognosis.
- A fatal prognosis is determined in extreme cases, when the arrhythmia is a complication of another, fatal disease (most often oncology).
Arrhythmia is much worse in old age than before age 40, so when combined with rhythm disturbances with myocardial infarction and other similar pathologies, the risk of death increases to 40%.
How many people live with atrial fibrillation
Determination of atrial fibrillation significantly increases the risk of early death. This is due to the frequent occurrence of syncope, as well as the depletion of body resources (especially the myocardium) because of increased myocardial contractility.
The main threat with atrial fibrillation is a stroke. As a rule, from the often contracting atria the risk of getting a clot of blood into the vessels of the brain is high, which immediately leads to a stroke. But with the observance of medical recommendations associated with the use of anticoagulants, it is possible to significantly improve the prognostic conclusion.
Many patients suffering from heart rhythm disturbance seek an answer to the question “How to get rid of arrhythmia forever?” There is no unequivocal answer to this question, since this disease is expressed in various forms. Yet there are several ways that improve the quality of life.
Violation of the rhythm can significantly reduce the quality of human life. Especially often this happens when there is unconsciousness in the question as to why an arrhythmia arises. In such cases, the patient hurts himself because of ignoring the risk factors for the development of the disease.
Arrhythmia of the heart is of different forms, expressiveness, flow, respectively, has different clinical significance. With one type of arrhythmia are taken into the army, and on the other hand issued a certificate of unsuitability for the service.
Leave a Reply