Nutrition in hypotension: features of the diet, diet
Author Ольга Кияница
Hypotension is a condition that is accompanied by abnormally low blood pressure. The most common symptoms are dizziness or weakness.Attacks of hypotension can last from several seconds to several minutes.
Arterial pressure is the pressure exerted by blood on the walls of blood vessels. Hypotension occurs because of insufficient or less intense stress (depending on the age or sex of the person).
When the pressure is low, vital organs receive insufficient amounts of blood. To determine its value, use a digital or conventional tonometer. If, in addition to hypotension, other diseases of the internal organs are not determined, then it is sufficient to use dietary food to control the condition.
Video: Features of nutrition in hypotension
Causes and Symptoms of Hypotension
- Reception of analgesics, antidepressant drugs.
- The presence of arrhythmia or heart attacks.
- Dehydration of the body.
- Presence of diabetes mellitus.
- Reception of diuretics or antiarrhythmic drugs.
- Presence of heart failure.
- Digestive system disorder.
- A sudden change in the position of the body (for example, during the ascent from the bed)
The most common symptoms of hypotension are:
- Dizziness, blurred vision.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Chest pain.
- Labored breathing.
- Numbness in the legs or hands.
- A sense of instability
- Rigidity in the neck.
In case of hypotension
A diet for people with low blood pressure is the right way to choose food, as a result of which the whole body receives the right substances. This in turn helps to normalize blood pressure with the possibility of alleviating the symptoms of low blood pressure.
Which products are more suitable for people with low blood pressure?
- Raisins, milk, almonds, carrots, sea or Himalayan salt (but within acceptable limits), drinks with caffeine (within the allowed limits), fruits, vegetables, dark green leafy vegetables, legumes and organic eggs.
What foods should people with low blood pressure avoid?
- Fried or fatty foods, processed foods, refined foods, spices, foods high in carbohydrates, alcohol and difficult to digest heavy food.
- To prevent a sharp drop in blood pressure after eating, you should eat it in moderation and only according to the rules of healthy eating.
- It is better to eat low-calorie foods. Nutritional complex carbohydrate foods such as brown rice, corn (quinoa, buckwheat and whole wheat), fruits (apples, berries and bananas, but should avoid canned fruits), vegetables (broccoli, leafy greens, carrots) are useful for nutrition. , nuts and beans.
- It is important to limit foods high in carbohydrates such as potatoes, white rice, pasta and plain white bread. A diet high in carbohydrates can lead to a sharp drop in blood pressure.
- It is useful to take food products containing various mineral, vitamin and other constituents:
- fish (salmon rich in fatty acids omega-3);
- liver (rich in vitamins B12, B6, B5, B2, niacin, folate, A, copper, iron, phosphorus, zinc and selenium);
- kale (vitamins, minerals, fibers, antioxidants and biologically active substances);
- algae (calcium, iron, magnesium and manganese);
- spinach (vitamins A, C and E, folic acid and calcium);
- broccoli (vitamins A, C, K, B6 and folic acid);
- sweet potatoes (vitamin B6 and A);
- almonds (calcium, magnesium and vitamin E);
- blueberries (antioxidants);
- grapefruit (vitamins A and C);
- garnet (vitamins C and K and potassium);
- papaya (vitamin C, folic acid, potassium and vitamins A and E).
- Probiotics should be included in the diet: homemade yogurt (saturated with probiotic bacteria), kefir, sauerkraut, microalgae, Miso soup, Tempe, etc. Probiotics are useful for their microorganisms that help restore homeostasis in the intestines, which, although not directly, but still normalizes blood pressure.
- Avoid / stop drinking alcohol. Alcoholic drinks dehydrate the body, so blood pressure may drop even if a person drinks moderately. Therefore, patients with hypotension are advised not to drink alcohol at all.
So properly formulated diet is one of the key and most effective way of treating hypotension.
Products for increasing blood pressure
If you often worried about low blood pressure (BP), the best option is to take the advice of a doctor. In addition, it is worthwhile to specify those foods that can help control low blood pressure. Below are considered those components of the usual diet, which most strongly increase blood pressure.
Although almost everyone can benefit from drinking enough water (preferably warm), this is especially important for people with low blood pressure. Increasing fluid intake increases the amount of blood in the body. This factor is important for increasing blood pressure during the treatment of hypotension.
If the cause of hypotension is dehydration or heat stroke, then the most effective means is also considered to drink water. You need to start with slow sips and drink until it gets better. Do not forget that every day an average person should drink two liters of water. Then the body has at its disposal a sufficient amount of fluid, which prevents the development of unwanted symptoms.
People with persistent low blood pressure may feel free to wear chocolate in a bag. It contains theobromine, which increases blood pressure and improves the heart. It is recommended to eat chocolate with a high content of cocoa, than fats or milk, because then the product has a more favorable effect on the body.
Drinks with electrolytes
These famous so-called "sports drinks" are recommended for people with low blood pressure, as they contain various minerals: sodium, magnesium and potassium. If drinking mineral water does not help to completely improve symptoms, you can try isotonic drinks.
In cheese there is a sufficient amount of salt, so eating about 100 grams of fresh cheese is a great idea when blood pressure is too low. You can also eat a sandwich with turkey or pickled delicacies, which are saturated with salt and spices.
Sodium, which is contained in these products, allows you to quickly eliminate hypotension. However, do not overdo it with salt intake, since this product can increase blood pressure too much, which is often dangerous to health.
Licorice smooth - an interesting option for preventing new episodes of hypotension. This is because this plant is able to regulate blood pressure and can be consumed with both tea and various desserts.
If, for example, the summer is very hot, just drink a cup of tea with licorice for breakfast to prevent the drop in blood pressure throughout the day.
They contain vitamin B, so nuts can help control blood pressure. In addition, their regular use prevents not only hypotension, but also hypertension.
People prone to hypotension, you can always carry a small bag of almonds, walnuts, cashews and hazelnuts to eat a little if you have to feel bad.
Other foods that contain vitamin B are legumes and cereals.
Rosemary is a plant that is ideal for a hypotonic kitchen. Rosemary maintains blood pressure levels within normal limits.It is used in hundreds of recipes (especially those that contain meat). It is also recommended to consume for brewing tea, when unpleasant symptoms of low blood pressure begin.
Fruits with vitamin C
Although all fruits are good for preventing dehydration or relieving symptoms of hypotension, there is a special group that stands out among the rest: citrus fruits. Between the main meal, it is recommended to eat an orange or grapefruit, and it is also useful for hypotenics to consume kiwi for dessert.
You can add rosemary to the meat to double the benefits of the dish in controlling hypotension. In addition to meat, it is also recommended to eat some salinity: cucumbers, zucchini, tomatoes. This combination is especially helpful if the patient suffers from quite frequent attacks of hypotension.
However, do not eat too many meat dishes. To normalize the pressure, 100-200 grams of the finished product is sufficient. Otherwise, you can oversaturate your body with fats and other substandard ingredients.
It is one of the most effective products of dietary nutrition for people with low blood pressure. It contains many useful compounds, including some powerful herbal chemicals, such as shogaol, zingeron, gingerol and antioxidants, which help prevent fluctuations in blood pressure.
Ginger has antispasmodic, anticoagulant, anti-inflammatory and many other useful properties. They help to stimulate blood circulation and thereby increase the blood flow, which helps maintain a proper level of blood pressure.
Coffee and tea containing caffeine can help temporarily normalize blood pressure. It can sometimes increase by as much as 3-14 mm Hg. Art. Nevertheless, you need to consume caffeine in moderation, because it is a diuretic, therefore, it can lower blood pressure.
Recipes of dietary nutrition in hypotension
The main goal of any diet is to revitalize the whole organism. When hypotension during the preparation of dietary nutrition, it is important to focus on various foods that provide all the necessary nutrients needed for good health.Presented simple recipes will allow you to quickly prepare a tasty and healthy dish.
Juice for elimination of hypotension
- A glass of beet juice
- A glass of carrot juice
- One tablespoon of molasses rice
- One teaspoon spirulina
It is necessary to mix all the ingredients and after a beautiful design the drink can be served to the table. Drink it should be slow, so it is great as a meal accompaniment or a pleasant evening. At the same time, sugar-sweetened beverages should be avoided.
- 200 g peeled peeled
- 2 teaspoons molasses rice
- 2 teaspoons of oil
You need to put all the ingredients in a blender and beat until smooth and creamy paste is formed. The product can be stored in a clean, closed container in the refrigerator for 5 days. Smear for bread.
Salmon with capers
- 75 g wholemeal pasta
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic
- Half onion
- 75 g fresh salmon
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
First you need to crush the capers in a mortar and add salmon, sliced and marinated in lemon or soy sauce. If you do not like marinated fish, you can pre-cook it a little.
Pasta is prepared in boiling water with the addition of a little salt and olive oil.
Meanwhile, in a frying pan, fry the onion and garlic until golden brown, after which they are added to the capers and salmon, which are in the mortar. Once the pasta is filtered, they are added to the dish and all are well mixed.
Serve with a salad of fresh rice seedlings.
Brown rice with vegetables
- 300 g of brown rice
- 1 liter of water or vegetable broth
- 100 g of green beans
- 2 carrots
- 50 grams of spinach
- 1 tomato
- 2 cloves of garlic
It should be cut green beans, carrots, tomatoes, garlic and put everything in a pan with butter. Add the broth and cook for about an hour. Then chop the spinach and add together with rice to the vegetables. The dish is cooked for another five minutes and is served on the table.
- 5 ¾ cups of toasted amaranth cereals (200 g)
- 460 g of semisweet chocolate
- A large saucepan for a water bath
- 3 L pot
- Spoon or wooden spatula
- Plastic tray or individual plastic / silicone molds
- The Big Knife
- Plastic container with a lid and a capacity of 3 liters or cellophane bags.
The chocolate is placed in a small saucepan and then placed on a water bath.
After melting, add the toasted amaranth and mix, for which it is good to use a spoon or a wooden spatula. When the ingredients are all used, the mixture is poured into a plastic tray and evenly distributed to a thickness of about 1.5 cm. Allow to stand for 10 minutes, and then cut into strips using a knife. The product dries on one side for 30 minutes, after which they are turned to dry the other.
Pack amaranth sticks in a plastic container or in separate cellophane bags, sealed for storage in a cool, dry and dark place. For long-term storage, you need to attach a label with the name of the product, the date of manufacture and the expiry date.
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 cup of boiling water
Take the pan in which grated ginger is placed. All pour boiling water. The pan is closed and left to stand for 10-15 minutes. Before consumption, tea is filtered and slowly consumed. Helps to quickly normalize well-being. To stabilize the level of blood pressure, it is better to continue drinking ginger tea every day from one to two times.
Tea from ginseng
- 1 to 3 tablespoons of sliced ginseng root
- 1 cup of boiling water
Place the sliced ginseng root in a saucepan. Pour boiling water. Close and allow to brew for about 15-25 minutes. The mixture is filtered and unhurriedly consumed to get rid of signs of hypotension. With mild hypotension, tea helps to finally normalize blood pressure.
What if my blood pressure drops sharply?
In addition to consuming any of the foods and beverages mentioned above, simple tips can help increase blood pressure:
- You have to lie with your legs up or sit with your feet on the stand, and then put your head between your legs (in such a position you can stay a few minutes).
- It is useful to open the windows and inhale fresh air.
- Drink a glass of water.
- Eat a snack or something sweet.
Video: Which products increase the pressure
During pregnancy, both high blood pressure and low blood pressure can be observed. In the latter case, the greatest clinical value is the combination of hypotension with other anxiety symptoms such as dizziness or even fainting. Then immediately begin medical treatment.
Children, as well as adults, can be identified fatigue and dizziness. Far from always such complaints must be perceived as whims. In some cases, reduced blood pressure, or hypotension, is determined, which sometimes indicates the development of complex and unsafe for the child's life states.
In medical terminology, there is such a definition as hypotension or hypotension. It should be understood as low blood pressure, which, depending on the clinic, can take a different degree of severity. The lower the arterial pressure, the worse the patient feels. In severe cases, shock or collapse may develop.