Blind bradycardia is an incorrect definition that is not so commonly used in medical practice. Under it implies two different diseases, which in the first place in the clinic do not intersect.
Today, according to the International Classification of Diseases, terms such as atrial fibrillation and bradycardia are isolated. Their combination in one definition is impossible, at least because of the first pathology, there is an increase in the heart rate, and at the second - a reduction.
The correct diagnosis of the presence of atrial fibrillation or bradycardia is based on electrocardiography. Other methods of investigation are used if necessary. Also important is the collection of complaints and external examination by the cardiologist, after which the final conclusion is given and treatment is prescribed.
Video Bradycardia. What is that What to do Tips for parents.
Description of caudal bradycardia
At the heart of the development of so-called blinking bradycardia, there are two different processes that cause the same different diseases.
- Inverted arrhythmia is formed due to circular transmission of electromotive pulse by the atrium or ventricles, resulting in heart muscle starting very often and irregularly reduced. At flickering heart rate can reach up to 600 beats / minute, whereas the norm for an adult is 60-100 beats per minute.
- Bradycardia - by itself, the term means "slow heart", so under this definition, the heart rate is understood to be less than the lower threshold of the age norm (in adults, 55 beats / min or less).
In view of the description of the mechanisms of development of atrial fibrillation and bradycardia, it becomes clear that the definitions of these pathologies can not be combined in the same name. The term "flashing bradycardia" is not physiologically justified, so it is worthwhile to be careful if a doctor has been diagnosed with such a problem.
Symptoms of Cingular Bradycardia
For atrial arrhythmia, some symptoms are typical, for bradycardia others are. In the first case, severe palpitations, heart pain, difficulty in breathing, and dizziness may occur even before loss of consciousness. The last symptom is noted with severe bradycardia, but there are significant differences from flickering.
At slowed-down rhythm, the patient feels weakness, drowsiness, pronounced fatigue. Some patients notice darkening in front of their eyes, in severe cases, complicated by fainting or exacerbation of concomitant illness.
Causes of the atrial fibrillation
In the atrial fibrillation and bradycardia, there are common factors that can provoke a particular disease. These include the following states:
- organic heart damage in the form of ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, cardiomyopathy, heart failure, heart failure;
- neurological diseases, capable of flickering increase the tone of the sympathetic nervous system or activate parasympathetic in bradycardia;
- the presence of harmful habits by the type of smoking and alcohol consumption;
- malnutrition, excess fat, cholesterol-containing foods;
- hypodynamia or vice versa excessive physical activity.
There are more specific reasons for the appearance of violations of the rhythm:
- Bradycardia often occurs due to weakness of the sinus node, an atrioventricular blockade.
- Swirling arrhythmia often develops after consuming a large amount of carbonated beverages, garlic, spices, beer.Also, the deficiency of trace elements (potassium, magnesium) can lead to flickering.
Correctly established cause helps to provide effective treatment. Therefore, before starting treatment for any illness, the factors causing it are established.
Diagnosis of inflammatory bradycardia
After the medical examination, additional research methods are needed to clarify the diagnosis. First of all, electrocardiography is done, on which symptoms of bradycardia and flashing arrhythmias are clearly visible:
- For bradycardia it is characteristic of a decrease in the frequency of heart contractions, while the activity of the heart often remains rhythmic, there may be signs of blockage or weakness of the sinus node.
- For flickering, an increase in the frequency of cardiac contractions with a lack of rhythm and teeth P.
On a standard ECG, sometimes an attack can not be detected, then Holter monitoring is used. Also, fixing the attack help load tests and tests. To assess the state of the heart chambers, ultrasound is performed,
Treatment and prevention of inflammatory bradycardia
The disease is considered as a combination of definitions of two different pathologies, which differ markedly in their tactics of treatment. When bradycardia rarely used medications, while in severe cases, the pacemaker is installed. At flickering, the therapy is aimed at restoring the rhythm, which is used for beta-blockers and other antiarrhythmic drugs.
Prevention of the disease under the controversial definition is conducted in the same way as treatment. The only one for both pathologies, flickering and bradycardia can give general recommendations on the type of lifestyle correction, the abandonment of bad habits, proper nutrition settings, weight control, stress avoidance and excessive workloads.