Treatment of ventricular tachycardia
Author Ольга Кияница
Ventricular tachycardia (ZH) is characterized by a rapid heartbeat, with a heart rate of 150-200 beats per minute. The pathology is associated with the formation of ventricles in ectopic foci in the myocardium due to tissue damage. This is due to inflammation, sclerotization, and ischemia of the heart muscle. The more such focal points, the more difficult the clinic and, accordingly, the condition of the patient.
There are several forms of ventricular tachycardia and most malignantly its course is observed in combination with other cardiovascular diseases: IHD, hypertension, cardiomyopathy, heart failure.
Modern medicine offers various ways of treating ventricular tachycardia. It all starts with emergency assistance to the patient during an attack and, depending on the dynamics of the disease, may end with surgical intervention.
Video New possibilities for treating ventricular tachycardia
Tumor attack of ventricular tachycardia
Immediate help with ventricular tachycardia is required in cases where the patient has a violation of hemodynamics: an abrupt condition, a sharp decrease in blood pressure. These symptoms are an absolute indication of electrical cardioversion. The initial discharge is set to a minimum power of 50 j. If the result is no action, the power of the discharge is increased. Electrocardioversion is a painful way of treatment, so it is carried out under the influence of pain relievers administered intravenously.
Basic tactics of medical resection of paroxysm:
- Relatively stable ventricular tachycardia is stopped by lidocaine, which is injected intravenously with jet. If by means of a preparation it was possible to take out an attack, then for the prevention of early relapses it is introduced intravenously drip.
- The ineffectiveness of lidocaine is an indication of the use of novocainamide, which can be administered several times intravenously, until the total dose reaches 500-1000 mg. When removing the attack by novocaineamide, the drug is administered intravenously for some time.
- The lack of effect from the administration of the two drugs gives the right to use amiodarone. Single dose 500 mg. If necessary, it is replaced with Breton.
Ventricular tachycardia may occur after myocardial infarction, and in such cases an antiarrhythmic drug that has managed to stop arrhythmia does not stop for two to three days, otherwise an attack may occur again. If the patient has a relatively stable hemodynamics, then the risk of re-development of ZH decreases and the drug is not administered so long.
In the case of ineffectiveness of pharmacological therapy, use of transthoracic depolarization. If the attack is delayed, then, in addition to stopping arrhythmia, treatment is used to prevent the development of acidosis, electrolyte imbalance, hypoxia.
Medicinal treatment of ventricular tachycardia
Modern drugs help to not only stop ventricular tachycardia, but also prevent their possible reoccurrence. A similar treatment for ventricular tachycardia is called secondary prevention.
Essential drugs and drugs for the treatment of ventricular tachycardia are derived from classes IA, IB, 1C and III of arrhythmics. The most commonly used amiodarone, which does not cause a pro-arrhythmic action and is able to quickly improve the patient's condition even in the event of a potential risk of developing fatal tachycardia or heart failure.
Treatment of ventricular tachycardia in children
Manifestations of the disease are identical to those occurring in adults. To some extent, the treatment is different, which is performed according to the following recommendations:
- Burning attacks of unstable lumbar spine and stable paroxysmal lutea begins with lidocaine, while taking a dose of 1 mg / kg. You can enter the drug after 5 minutes, the maximum number of injections - 3 times. If lidocaine does not help, amiodarone is used and in case of no effect, it is used for resuscitation.
- Paroxysms of ZH are stopped in children by propranolol and prokainamide. Class IV arrhythmias are also used. If a child is diagnosed with arrhythmia of a stable nature and without circulatory disorders in the brain, then antiarrhythmic treatment is carried out continuously.
Children are more likely to develop side effects than adults, therefore the appointment of any arrhythmic drugs should be strictly based on indications and under the cover of vasotonic and metabolic treatment.
Surgical treatment of ventricular tachycardia
Converts in the excision of the ectopic focus. Cryoablation may also be performed, which is to effect the tissue through freezing. Such operations are mostly shown to patients with coronary heart disease, after a myocardial infarction, if aortic aneurysm is determined, or areas with significant contractile contraction function are determined in the myocardium.
Other surgical methods of treatment:
- RFA - radio frequency ablation.
- Implantation of CD - cardioverter defibrillator.
The last way to treat ZH is most effective. Often used in the treatment of persistent ventricular tachycardia. Assigned to a patient who has undergone an asystole outside the hospital.
Treatment of ventricular tachycardia by folk remedies
It is an indispensable companion of pharmacotherapy, as it helps to strengthen the cardiovascular system, calm the nervous system, restore the balance of mineral and vitamin components. For the treatment of ZH with the help of folk remedies, they use vegetable broths, tinctures, vitamin-mineral complexes.
- Otvaras are prepared from those plants that sedately affect the nervous system, which in turn helps to reduce heart rate with ventricular tachycardia. It can be valerian, honeysuckle, hawthorn, melissa, laurel leaves, and also create mixtures of several plants, in particular combine lovers, wild boar, hawthorn, chicory, calendula.
- Alcoholic tinctures are often made on the basis of the hawthorn berries, the root of the devyasil, the dry bark of the Greek collier, and the meadow clover. In some cases, a mixture of several tinctures, such as pion, hawthorn and valerian, helps.
- Vitamin and mineral mixtures are prepared from dried fruits, nuts, lemon, honey. The best known is a recipe of nuts, dried apricots, raisins, honey with the addition of a small amount of lemon. This tasty drug can be taken both by adults and children. The only one who is sick with diabetes is not recommended.
Video Ventricular tachycardia. Symptoms, Symptoms and Treatment Methods
In most cases, the correct treatment of the ventricular tachycardia brings the desired results: the patient becomes better, decreases the manifestations of the disease, improves the quality of life. Healthy lifestyle after dipping
Frequent contraction of the ventricles of the heart, at which there is a heart rate of 120 times per minute and more. Also known as paroxysmal tachycardia. It can be considered as a physiological state (after exercise, against the background of emotional and mental tension) and pathological (develops in a state of rest). It may be complicated by fibrillation, therefore in any form it is necessary to undergo treatment with antiarrhythmic drugs.
During pregnancy, various disorders of the rhythm, including ventricular extrasystoles, can be determined. The disease can represent a danger to fetal development and for the health of the mother. With the help of modern methods of research, the pathology is determined both at the planning stage, however, at the early stages of pregnancy, which allows timely carrying out the necessary therapeutic measures.
In diagnostics of cardiovascular diseases an important role is played by timely diagnostics. It is often enough to conduct a standard ECG to make a correct diagnosis. In other cases, a diverse study of the heart is required, which allows you to establish the exact cause of the illness and conduct an effective treatment.