Treatment of varicose veins by folk remedies
- 1 Main characteristics of varicose veins
- 2 Answers to frequently asked questions
Varicose veins - a fairly common disease characterized by changes in the shape and size of venous vessels, most often the lower extremities. Also found varicose veins of the esophagus, hemorrhoidal veins.
Varicose veins are found in men and women over 50 years of age, although cases of varicose veins have increased in young people.
The disease can cause swelling, a feeling of heaviness, bleeding, and infection caused by trophic ulcers due to varicose veins. A person may suffer from leg cramps, redness, and often changes in skin color in the ankles.Physiological examination is often sufficient for diagnosis, whereas ultrasound is used for a more detailed examination of the veins.
Video: How to treat varicose veins? 5 Ways to Treat Varicose Veins with Folk Remedies
Main characteristics of varicose veins
There are certain properties characteristic of the pathology of venous vessels. If you know about them, you can properly carry out prevention and treatment of varicose veins by folk remedies.
- The disease occurs in approximately 50-55% of women and 40-45% of men (in the United States). Also, varicose veins are determined in half of people 50 years and older.
- Varicose veins are not always just a cosmetic problem. The disease can affect how a person enjoys life and in severe cases can lead to serious health problems.
- Both varicose veins and spider veins are hereditary pathologies. If a person has family members who are sick with varicose veins, this increases the risk of disease.
- There is a relationship with body weight - if there is overweight, the patient is more likely to develop varicose veins.
- There is a connection with sex - women are more likely to have varicose veins than men.
- There is a connection with age - as a person grows older, varicose dilatation and venous insufficiency are increasingly worried.
- Varicose veins very often occur during pregnancy - but they, as a rule, disappear on their own within 3 months after delivery.
- Varicose veins often develop on the background of hormonal disorders. Also, drugs containing female hormones for birth control or hormone replacement therapy increase the risk of varicose veins.
- The disease may be work related. If you have to sit or stand for a long time, this can worsen the condition of the venous system. Frequent crossing of the legs also contributes to the progression of the disease, since this posture impedes blood flow through the vessels.
- Varicose veins can cause discomfort - heaviness, tightness, pain when walking and cramps of the calf muscles, especially at night.
- A doctor can easily diagnose a pathological condition - sometimes a diagnosis is made on the basis of what the patient feels, in other cases, on the basis of a physical examination of the legs.
- Duplex ultrasound is the best way to assess the condition of the venous system. This ultrasound imaging test in its work is based on sound waves, which allow to study the structure and size of veins, measurement of blood flow.
- Varicose veins are usually defined on the legs, whereas spider-like veins are spread both on the legs and on the face.
- Over time, the course of varicose veins can worsen and cause structural changes in the skin - ulcers. In severe cases, ulcers do not heal and increase the swelling of tissues with concomitant hardening of the skin.
- Itching in the ankles can be a sign of not just dry skin, but also a more severe disease - varicose veins, which also often causes a feeling of itching and burning.
- If the varicose vein is damaged, it may bleed more than one would expect. In such cases, excessive bleeding is the result of an increased amount of blood accumulated in the vein.
- In 2-3% of people with varicose veins, blood clots (blood clots) are detected, while in 25% of cases the formed clot can move into deeper veins. This contributes to the development of deep vein thrombosis, a serious condition requiring immediate medical attention. Improving blood flow in the legs can help avoid the formation of blood clots.
- If pain is disturbing, redness / swelling around the varicose vein is determined, or if the painful sensations are permanent, you should immediately visit a phlebologist.
- Lifestyle changes can help strengthen the venous vessels. It is important to adjust daily life, especially for weight loss and raising legs, as well as avoiding sitting or standing for a long time.
- Compression stockings can help improve the overall condition - these special pantyhose or thigh-high stockings are made of elastic material and they compress the leg when worn. They are often the first stage in the treatment of varicose veins.
- If lifestyle changes and compression stockings do not help, there are other options for exposure. In particular, some varicose vein treatments are performed that can alleviate the symptoms and improve the appearance of the legs. These may include micro-invasive interventions, such as endovenous ablation, sclerotherapy or microflebectomy. There are also more radical invasive therapies, such as ligation and vein removal.
- Folk remedies are considered to be the most affordable, in some cases a rather effective treatment of varicose veins.
Answers to frequently asked questions
Is there an effective treatment of varicose veins by folk remedies?
Medical treatment for varicose veins can be quite expensive, so the proposed home remedies can help reduce the severity of the disease, as well as reduce the level of discomfort that it often causes.
Rich in vitamin C, is a powerful antioxidant. It stimulates the production of collagen and helps cells in self-healing and reproduction. Parsley can also strengthen the capillaries because it contains rutin, and a decrease in vessel size helps to reduce the level of pain often associated with varicose veins.
Preparation : boil a handful of fresh parsley in a cup of water for 5 minutes. The solution is removed from heat and allowed to cool to room temperature. The tool is filtered and then one drop of rose and calendula essential oils is added to it.
Application : using a cotton swab means is applied to areas of skin with varicose veins. Such treatment is carried out daily for several months, after which positive results should be determined. The inclusion of raw parsley in the diet also helps to improve the condition of the venous system.
Such berries as blueberries can strengthen the walls of the veins and promote good blood circulation. These small gifts of nature are rich in vitamin C and flavonoids. It is enough daily to eat them raw or use with tea to improve health. For this, a teaspoon of blueberries is added to a cup of warm water. Drink two cups a day for best results.
Calendula flowers - another plant from the piggy bank of popular recipes that can improve the health of the venous system. The plant makes the vessels less susceptible to degeneration and destruction for a long time. In particular, it is possible to prepare tea using calendula flowers, which helps to restore damaged tissue and reduce puffiness in the lower limbs. It also helps to reduce the level of pain.
If you are interested in ointments for the treatment of varicose veins, then you can make a cream of calendula. To prepare it, they take some petals and soak them in water, and then the filtered solution is added to the usual moisturizer.It is necessary to apply such a remedy before bedtime every evening, and then the desired results will be achieved.
These small fruits of chestnut form the basis of the best folk remedy, suitable for home treatment of varicose veins and spider veins.
Preparation : Mix 5 tablespoons of chopped chestnut (equivalent to 50 g) with 1 liter of water. To do this, bring the water to a boil and add chestnuts to it. Boil the mixture should be about 10 minutes. Then the liquid is filtered.
Application : means drink in a warm look. Use this recipe every day.
Video: How to treat varicose veins folk remedies treatment of varicose veins
What are the simple methods of treatment of varicose veins folk remedies at home?
Massage is an excellent option for painful and sensitive legs, which often become so with varicose veins. Also, massage is carried out in order to prevent problems associated with a sedentary lifestyle or spending a lot of time on the legs.
During the massage you need to perform a circular motion, not very pressing, but more rubbing. You should start with the ankles and feet, gradually rising to the hips. The procedure will be much more effective when using essential oils.With varicose veins, such essential oils as ginger, chamomile, lemon grass, clary sage and others help best.
- Lemongrass oil helps to improve blood circulation and is excellent for treating bulging veins, as it prevents blood stagnation and blood clots from forming well.
- Ginger oil provides a pleasant warming sensation when used. It also contains antioxidant compounds that help the body remove metabolic products and reduce inflammation. The combination of these two directions of influence allows to improve blood circulation in the lower extremities.
- Chamomile oil helps to reduce the severity and eliminate discomfort that can cause pulsating veins.
- Clary sage oil is great for treating the symptoms of menopause, but is also good for reducing puffiness and preventing intravascular coagulation.
- Black pepper oil has a warming effect, due to which blood circulation is stimulated. This oil is also a fantastic anti-inflammatory and analgesic.
- Cypress oil is one of the most effective essential oils for reducing and preventing varicose veins. It strengthens the blood capillaries, improves blood circulation and reduces pain associated with varicose veins.
- German chamomile oil is one of the most powerful anti-inflammatory essential oils. Adding it to the massage mixture helps other oils to actively restore, tone and strengthen the walls and valves of the veins.
- Helichrizum oil is one of the best restorative oils for damaged skin, veins and tissues. Its anticoagulant properties help dissolve blood clots and reduce the likelihood of platelet sedimentation. Helichrizum also improves blood circulation and eliminates local inflammation, and is therefore one of the most effective essential oils for reducing varicose veins.
- Peppermint oil has a cooling effect, which reduces pain, stimulates blood circulation and reduces inflammation. Its use in combination with warming oil, such as black pepper, leads to a synergistic effect, which contributes to the expansion and contraction of blood vessels. As a result, blood circulation is stimulated.
- Rosemary oil is especially useful for the development of arterial and peripheral circulation. Its warming properties help the blood to move in vessels of various sizes.
- Sandalwood oil reconstructs veins, stimulates healthy blood circulation and helps reduce varicose veins.
- Yarrow oil - a plant known for its balancing properties. It is a fantastic stimulant of the entire circulatory system and contributes to the movement of stagnant blood in the veins to its destination.
Depending on the recipe, two or three oils can be mixed or all at once. It is important to observe the dosage of essential oils, which are most often indicated in the drops.
Contrast shower is another home remedy available to most people with varicose veins. It is enough to pour hot and cold water over your legs for 10–20 seconds in order to relieve fatigue and discomfort.
Raising the legs above the level of the heart is a simple and effective way to improve the condition of varicose veins.Sometimes it is enough to put your feet on the wall after work so that after 10 minutes you feel better.
What are the reviews about the treatment of varicose veins folk remedies?
Folk remedies are the most accessible and relatively safe; therefore, it is primarily patients who suffer from varicose veins in order to treat them. There are various opinions on how effective such methods of influence are and there are reasons for this. They are often indicated in their reviews by the users themselves.
- Svetlana : “I welcome the treatment of varicose veins with folk remedies. I start using them myself first of all, even before visiting a doctor and taking any medications. But nevertheless the varicose illness can be treated by nonconventional methods if it is not started. I did it differently. I did not pay attention to the symptoms for a long time, until I saw how varicose veins violate my habitual activity. Then, after visiting a doctor, I began using detralex courses.As a result, fatigue was almost completely gone, and I began to feel better. Now I take it for prevention courses. ”
- Faith : “Whatever the remedy for varicose veins, folk or drug, it alone will never help to cope with the disease. You need to eat right, do exercises and dousing, do physical exercises and only then you can count on some positive. ”
- Lily : “I believe that folk remedies for varicose veins can help only if they grew up either in their garden or in a well-known farm. And since the store sells it is not known what and how it was received. I determined phlebodia for myself, and for the price it fits and the stomach does not hurt after it. ”
Thus, folk remedies help only at the early stage of the development of varicose veins, and since not everyone can use them correctly, it is often easier and more effective to treat them with medicines. The only thing before taking any medication you need to consult a doctor.
Video: Folk remedies for varicose veins