Treatment of supraventricular arrhythmia
NADV is a disturbance of the heart rhythm, in which the arrival of pathological impulses from the atrium or atrioventricular node is observed. The heart rate may increase or decrease, but most often there are extraordinary contractions, frequent or rare, group, individual or multiple.
NADV is primarily defined as supraventricular or supraventricular extrasystole. In the dynamics of development is more favorable than ventricular extrasystole.
Asymptomatic forms of NSA do not require specific treatment. Patients are registered with the cardiologist and are periodically examined, but they are not prescribed medications and medications for the treatment of supraventricular arrhythmia. Another situation is observed during the course of NSA, when medication therapy may be required.
How to treat heart arrhythmia?
More concerns those patients who do not feel significant deterioration of the general condition against the background of the developed NSA. As well as completing them should be performed by patients with progressive flow of arrhythmia.
- The daily mode should always be respected so that rest and work are balanced.
- Physical loads should be moderate, but at the same time they should not be completely abandoned.
- The stresses should be kept to a minimum, since negative experiences have the same effect on the heart.
- If possible, stay more in the open air, especially good evening calm walks.
- The food should be correct, with increased content of greens, vegetables and fruits. It is undesirable to use fried, smoked and salted products.
All patients with cardiovascular diseases are contraindicated in smoking, drinking coffee and alcohol. Therefore, these habits must be abandoned to protect the heart.
If such recommendations are followed, but attacks continue to occur or the condition worsens even more, then specific treatment of supraventricular arrhythmia is performed, with the use of medication drugs.
Medicinal treatment of supraventricular arrhythmia
Assigned only to a doctor, most often a cardiologist, and before this requires a comprehensive examination of the patient, using electrocardiography and other necessary instrumental diagnostic methods. Drugs should also be prescribed by a doctor only, as self-medication can have a bad effect on health.
- The attack of supraventricular arrhythmia can be suppressed using verapamil and ATP.
- Soothing cardiac activity will help herbal remedies in the form of tincture of honeysuckle, valerian. They can be mixed and taken for 40-50 drops up to four times a day.
- Arrhythmias associated with osteochondrosis are treated with the help of muscle relaxants, vascular agents in the form of mexidol and mildronate. It is also useful to take medications with a slight sedation effect. It can be sirdalud.
- Treatment of supraventricular arrhythmia, developed on the background of an organic pathology of the heart, should begin with the therapy of the underlying disease. Without this, it will not be possible to improve the condition of the patient, except that the symptoms of rhythm disturbance will disappear, which will appear again in time.
- Subjective intolerance to arrhythmia or pronounced disease clinic is treated with beta-blockers. Often, agyloks, bisoprolol, metoprolol are prescribed. Dosage selection is carried out individually, because physiological parameters of the patient should be taken into account.
Beta-blockers can not be used at a reduced heart rate, as the drugs will further reduce it, which can cause collapse or cardiac arrest.
- Patients with reduced heart rate are prescribed bilatamine, and other antiarrhythmic drugs can be used - amiodarone, cordarone, novocainamide. But because of the frequent development of side effects, they are prescribed only in extreme cases.
Surgical treatment of supraventricular arrhythmia
Used in the case of ineffectiveness of conservative therapy. Converted to the implantation of an artificial rhythm driver.With its help, attacks of arrhythmias are prevented, in addition patients can lead a more full and rich life.
Depending on the indications, patients with supraventricular arrhythmia can undergo treatment through radiofrequency ablation. With the help of catheters in the heart muscle, pathological foci generating extraordinary impulses are destroyed, which as a result positively affects the dynamics of the disease.
Treatment of supraventricular arrhythmia in children
The child's organism is prone to the development of a different kind of extrasystole, which is due to the intensity of its growth. The more actively the child grows up, his skeletal and muscular constitution is extended, the higher the probability of developing arrhythmia, including supraventricular.
In most cases, children do not complain about heart failure, they almost do not feel extraordinary contractions, but when such a violation of the rhythm is detected, the child is still put on a dispensary record. This is done to prevent the development of possible complications, since NSA can be the first manifestation of a serious illness.
There are several key indications when prescribing treatment for supraventricular arrhythmia in children:
- the child is difficult to endure abnormalities in the heart, although hemodynamic changes are not observed;
- The child has 15,000 or more extrasystoles per day, which is detected by Holter monitoring.
Based on similar indications, antiarrhythmic and metabolic therapy may be prescribed.
Treatment of supraventricular arrhythmia by means of folk remedies
The use of herbal medicines for the treatment of NSA has the following objectives:
- render a weak sedative effect;
- to raise the tone of cardiac activity (cardiotonic effect);
- Prevent the development of attacks.
For this purpose, it is desirable to include foods rich in magnesium and potassium in the diet. These elements are often strongly excreted from the body when taking diuretics. Therefore it is useful to eat raisins, dried apricots, as well as pumpkin and potatoes.
Medicinal herbs are capable of helping to adjust the broken rhythm. In particular, arrhythmias show a collection of Melissa, Hawthorn, Hops, Heather Common. The composition can be supplemented by a stomach and then a calming effect will be provided, which is useful for tachycardia.
It is worth noting that any methods of herbal fees should be coordinated with the attending physician in order to avoid undesirable consequences.
Video Treating folk remedies for heart arrhythmias causes
In conclusion, it can be added that harmless in light forms of arrhythmia can be complicated by serious disorders.Therefore, in all conditions, it is necessary to apply to the cardiologist for passing examination and receiving the appropriate treatment.