Treatment of ischemic tachycardia
Author Ольга Кияница
Ischemic tachycardia is a symptomatic disease that develops against the backdrop of coronary heart disease and other pathologies associated with coronary artery disease. When a heart rhythm disorder occurs, the risk of myocardial infarction, stroke, pulmonary thromboembolism, and a number of other complications increases.
To date, there are no treatment methods that would be fully cured of coronary heart disease, but with the correct application of existing ones, one can noticeably improve the quality of life of the patient.
Before the appointment of therapy for ischemic tachycardia and the underlying disease, on the background of which she developed, the patient is carefully examined. This allows us to clarify the presence of concomitant pathologies. After a comprehensive diagnosis, treatment is ordered with individual doses of drugs.
Patients with cardiac pathology should adhere to certain guidelines that contribute to improving the effectiveness of the main treatment.
It is important to eliminate or minimize the effects of the following risk factors:
- Change hypodinum to a mobile way of life.
- At high pressure, pay attention to its decrease.
- In the diet, include useful foods.
- Suffice it to get sleepy, while it's important to go to bed no later than 10 o'clock in the evening.
- At high levels of cholesterol or sugar in the blood, make efforts to normalize it.
- In the presence of bad habits (smoking, drinking alcohol) refuse them.
It is sometimes difficult to change the habitual way of life, but it is possible and necessary to do it, because on the horse costs not only the quality of life, but also life itself.
It is important to know the readings for hospitalization in order to promptly call an ambulance without waiting for changes in the state of the patient.
- Pain in the region of the heart or behind the sternum appeared for the first time.
- An attack of a rhythm disturbance has appeared for the first time or very hardly proceeds.
- Progression of previously registered angina pectoris is noted.
- The existing heart failure went into the stage of decompensation (there was a severe shortness of breath, swelling began to increase, the state of health of the patient sharply worsened.
- There is a suspicion of myocardial infarction or other critical pathologies.
- The patient should be prepared for surgical intervention.
At home, treatment for ischemic tachycardia is performed in all cases not related to the above.
Medicinal treatment of ischemic tachycardia
Basically, it uses complex therapy, which allows you to directly affect several risk factors that contribute to the patient's health. Drugs are selected from the following pharmacological groups.
- lowering arterial pressure;
- improving the functioning of the heart;
- lowering cholesterol levels;
- reducing the viscosity of the blood;
- reducing blood glucose levels.
Drugs that lower blood pressure
At high blood pressure in coronary vessels, as well as in other organs, normal blood circulation is disturbed. Myocardium begins to receive less oxygen, resulting in ischemia, which provokes the development of tachycardia. If the timing does not normalize the pressure to 140/90, and even better to 130/90, then you can very quickly provoke the formation of myocardial infarction.
To reduce blood pressure, special antihypertensive drugs are used:
- ACE inhibitors. Angiotensin-2 enzyme blockers. the influence of which is manifested in the change in the activity of the heart, blood vessels, kidneys. In case of ischemic tachycardia, perindopril, lysinopril, enalapril are used.
- Angiotensin-blocking drugs. These are angiotensin receptors that are deactivated by such agents as losartan, telmisartan, valsartan. Basically shown to those patients who do not tolerate ACE inhibitors. They are less effective than ACE inhibitors, since they are not blocked by angiotensin-2 alone but by receptors that are relevant to it.
Drugs that improve the functioning of the heart
Their effect is based on various mechanisms, therefore preparations are appointed only by the doctor and taking into account many moments (the course of the disease, the presence of concomitant pathologies). The most commonly used are beta-blockers. Depending on the indications, cardiac glycosides and nitrates are used.
- Beta-blockers. By blocking adrenoreceptors, complex effects are manifested: reduced heart rate and blood pressure levels. They are most commonly prescribed for the treatment of ischemic tachycardia, but can cause various side effects, so they are selected individually. The most commonly used bisoprolol, metoprolol, anaprilin.
- Nitrates Contribute to the expansion of coronary vessels, so quickly eliminate back pain. Reduce heart rate is not able, but is sometimes prescribed in the complex treatment of ischemic tachycardia. The most famous drug from this group is nitroglycerin.
- Cardiac glycosides. They are able to reduce heart rate by increasing the contractile function of the myocardium. Have a lot of side effects, so they should be taken strictly by the appointment of a doctor. Examples of drugs are digoxin and corgillon.
Drugs that lower cholesterol
Patients with elevated cholesterol and triglycerides recommend a special diet. Also prescribed drugs that help to correct cholesterol metabolism. It is important to understand that one without the other can not lead to positive results.
Accepted medications constantly. Often this is simvastatin and atorvastatin and the statin groups. The dose is selected by the physician, taking into account the results obtained through clinical analyzes. Correctly prescribed treatment will help to reach the level of normal indicators:
- total cholesterol - up to 5 mmol / l;
- cholesterol of high density lipoproteins - from 1 mmol / l;
- Cholesterol of low density lipoproteins - up to 3 mmol / l.
Medicines that reduce the viscosity of blood
With an increased blood viscosity, the risk of thrombosis increases. If it is not timely to take measures, then the blood supply to the heart muscle worsens, and the development of tachycardia can cause clogging of the vessels of the brain, heart and other organs. Therefore anticoagulant therapy is being conducted.
Aspirin is the most famous drug from this pharmacological group. In the presence of CAD, patients should take it continuously, every day. The only drug is contraindicated in stomach ulcers. If the condition of the patient is postoperative, then clopidogrel is added to aspirin. Doses are indicated by the doctor individually.
Ischemic tachycardia can be expressed in the atrial fibrillation. In this condition thromboembolism of the pulmonary artery is most often developed, therefore a strong anticoagulant - warfarin is attributed to such a patient. When using this drug, blood levels should be monitored, therefore appropriate tests are regularly given.
Medicines that lower blood glucose levels
Modern diagnostics of diabetes is based on determining the amount of glycated hemoglobin. It can be used to indicate the concentration of glucose in the last week. This figure should not exceed 7%.
Medicinal treatment for diabetes is prescribed by an endocrinologist. In addition, attention should be paid to diet, exercise, weight loss.
If necessary, complex drug therapy is supplemented with drugs from such groups as diuretics, antihypoxants, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.