Treatment of ischemic bradycardia
Author Ольга Кияница
Ischemic bradycardia is a slowed heart rhythm, which is formed on the background of the development of coronary heart disease. Most often occurs in the postinfarction period, when there is a noticeable decrease in the resource capabilities of the body.
If bradycardia is observed after a heart attack, but in spite of this, the patient feels well, then there is no need to worry.
The definition of poor health, combined with low pulse, should not be ignored. It is important not to postpone a visit to a doctor, go through the necessary examinations (electrocardiography, ultrasound of the heart, Holter monitoring), after which the medical cardiologist prescribes the necessary medications. Most often from the group of adrenostimulants, which in a short time increase the frequency of heart rate. Timely assistance can quickly eliminate chest pain and prevent the development of a number of complications.
Video Chest pain. What to do
Correct cardiologic rehabilitation is important because it helps to reduce the risk of recurrence. Also, the prescribed treatment on the background of the CD will be much more successful, so it makes sense to adhere to the following rules:
- First of all, you need to keep your blood pressure within acceptable limits. Typically, it's 120 / 80-140 / 90.
- It is worthwhile monitoring the pulse rate, which reflects the contractile function of the myocardium. For this you can use the medical calculations: from 220 the age of the subject is taken away, the number received is multiplied by 0.70.The only thing, with a pulse, is to determine a good state of health.
- You need to stick to dietary nutrition, which will help reduce the burden on the cardiovascular system.
- Overweight should be reduced, otherwise there will be a risk of developing heart failure.
- Harmful habits are excluded, as they create favorable conditions for the emergence of various cardiovascular diseases, including ischemic bradycardia.
- Stresses have a very negative effect on general well-being, so it is important to resolve the emotional component.
- The physical load should be present daily, but only in an acceptable amount.
It is worth remembering that the slowed-down rhythm is a complication of another disease, therefore, first of all, it is necessary to treat the basic pathology (in this case, ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction or angina, in which part of the heart muscles is experiencing oxygen starvation). Without this, the use of symptomatic therapy will not produce the desired effect, and signs of illness will start to disturb again in time.
Medicinal treatment of ischemic bradycardia
It is carried out only when the patient has a marked clinic of rhythm disturbance. In particular, dizziness, expressed weakness, half-immaturity or fainting may be observed. If therapy is not carried out in a timely manner, then the risk of developing more severe complications increases.
It is important to remember that self-use of drugs is unacceptable, because the slowed-down rhythm may be replaced by a rapid heartbeat or the development of other life-threatening conditions. Therefore, all medicines are taken only after approval by the doctor.
In the treatment of ischemic bradycardia, two conditions play an important role: the effect on the underlying disease, which caused the violation of the rhythm, and the normalization of the pulse. Frequently used medicines for treating ischemic bradycardia are as follows:
- Alupent - refers to adrenomimetics, according to indications for use is similar to izadrin. It is often prescribed for atrioventricular blockade of the first degree and for the prevention of Morgany-Adams-Stokes attacks, which manifest themselves by slowing down the heart rate and other pathological features. It can be used as a solution for intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous administration and in the form of tablets.
- Atropine sulfate is an anticholinergic holin blocker, but it works indiscriminately, so when it is used, a number of unpleasant side effects may occur. It is used in tablets and solution for intramuscular administration.
- Isoprenaline - refers to the adrenaline derivative, therefore, in its properties, it can stimulate the activity of the heart. It has many side effects, so it is used as a solution and tablets in extreme cases.
- Eufillin - refers to inhibitors of phosphatase and is more commonly used as a bronchodilator. In cardiology, it is used in extreme cases when other drugs fail to stop the slow heartbeat.
Heavy flowing ischemic bradycardia, characterized by a pulse reduction of up to 40 beats / min and below and non-resistant to medical treatment, is corrected by surgical intervention. In particular, the method of implantation of an electrical pacemaker is used.
Video Eufillin | Instructions for use (tablets)
Auxiliary treatment for ischemic bradycardia
It is relevant in the case of mild and moderate bradycardia, which is not accompanied by hemodynamic disturbances.
- With mild bradycardia (not lower than 50 beats / min) it is recommended to brew strong coffee or tea, and more tea contains more natural caffeine, which stimulates the activity of the heart. The effect of the beverage becomes more pronounced when it is added to a small amount of tincture of beauty, ginseng root and eleutherococcus. Herbal preparations are purchased in pharmacies.
- Moderate bradycardia (50 to 40 beats / min) can be stopped by physical exercise. In particular, the effect of raising up the stairs may be. Favorable impact is on swimming, skiing and skating.
Severe ischemic bradycardia can not be stopped at home and such patients should be urgently delivered to the emergency room in the hospital.
Folk remedies for ischemic bradycardia can only be used when a physician is given a specific recommendation. Of the practical phytotherapy, the following recipes are most often used:
- Radish with honey . A well-known method for treating not only severe coughing, but also a slow heartbeat.Preparing a drug from a washed radish, with which the nose is cut and choose a portion of the pulp. Into the received depression put a spoon of honey and allow to stand up to 12 hours. As soon as the radish drank enough juice, then you can take a tablespoon three times a day.
- Pine branches and. Take the newly emerged spring shoots at the rate of 70 pieces per 300 ml of alcohol. The medication is insisted for about 10 days and is then taken on a day by 15-20 drops.
Correctly chosen treatment of ischemic bradycardia allows faster elimination of unpleasant symptoms. Therefore, even with a slight slowing of the rhythm, it is not necessary to delay the visit to the doctor.