Treatment of functional tachycardia
Functional tachycardia is a symptomatic manifestation, which is mainly determined by vegetative-vascular dystonia and neurocirculatory disorders. Adults have a heart rate of 120 beats / min, while children may be slightly higher.
In addition to the nervous system, the development of functional tachycardia involves humoral and endocrine disorders.
Diagnosis of the pathology is carried out in standard ways (electrocardiography, Holter monitoring, ultrasound of the heart), and also consult with the neurologist. Often, this specialist is prescribed drugs that help cope with the underlying disease and symptomatic functional tachycardia.
Video Treating tachycardia at home
Patients with a disorder of the nervous system, humoral regulation, or endocrine organs disease should first be examined by an endocrinologist or a neurologist. After this, the cardiovascular system is studied and if the functional tachycardia is present, the following recommendations should be taken into account:
- Stress situations should be kept to a minimum, and in the event of an agitation, take a sedative, which will prevent the development of a rapid heartbeat.
- Physical activity should be daily, but without fatigue, that is, with moderate load.
- In the presence of bad habits (drinking alcohol, smoking) they must be discarded.
- It is important to monitor the proper nutrition, especially for people with labile nervous system, because in such cases there is an increased metabolism.
It is important to undergo scheduled examinations of doctors so that you can react in a timely manner to changes in the body. As a rule, such surveys are conducted once every six months.
Homeopathic treatment of functional tachycardia
Cardio-neurocirculatory disorders are often treated with homeopathic remedies. Particular attention is paid to constitutional means, which, by their mechanism of action, directly affect several systems of the organism.
Basic homeopathic remedies used for cardiovascular disorders with characteristic indications of use:
- Ignatia 6, 12, 30. Used for neurological heart pains, heart palpitations, shortness of breath, which are combined with hysterical accentuation of character. In this case, psychological stresses should be present in the history.
- Platinum 6,12,30. Expressed egocentrism complicated by pain in the heart. There is a change in mood and similar symptoms of hysterical neurosis.
- Nux moschata 3, 6. Gastrokardialny syndrome, expressed in aerophagy, is combined with neurotic pains in the heart, as well as a rapid heartbeat.
- Spigelia 3, 3, 6. Psychogenic rapid heartbeat, combined with pain in the region of the tip of the heart of a piercing or nocturnal character.
- Moschus 3, 6. The patient has a hysterical neurosis, dyspnea with a background of neurosis, overexcitation and tachycardia. There may also be fainting conditions.
- Actea racemosa x3, 3, 6. Frequently assigned to women in the period of the hormonal reorganization of the body, which is characterized by functional tachycardia and other similar cardiovascular disorders.
- Cactus x3, 3. Patients complain of anxiety, palpitations, cardiac pains of a compressive nature that increase when left on the left.
- Arnica x3, 3, 6. Assigned to functional dysfunctions, which are often manifested in physical activity.
- Pulsatilla х3, 3, 6. It is considered purely female homeopathic preparations, since it is often prescribed in menstrual disorders, hormonal disorders, hypotonic disorders.
- Camphora monobromata x3, 3. It is best recommended for young girls who are prone to depressive conditions and complain of headaches, reduced pressure.
- Veratrum album х3, 3. Recommended in case of hypotonic crisis, accompanied by cold sticky sweat.
When combined functional tachycardia with increased activity of the VNS, the corresponding drugs are additionally taken. For example, Acidum phosphoricum; Magnesia phosphorica; Kalium phosphoricum.
It is noted that functional tachycardia is often accompanied by chronically flowing tonsillitis. Such a disease can not be left unattended, therefore appropriate drugs are prescribed.
Treatment of functional tachycardia in children
In childhood, various functional disorders of the cardiovascular system are often determined, and most often, tachycardia. The peak of its occurrence is 12-14 years, when the body begins to grow actively. There may also be signs of a rhythm disorder in 5-6 years.
Treatment of functional tachycardia and other forms of arrhythmia in children is based on the severity of the clinical picture and the state of the cardiovascular system. If organic heart lesions are not determined, and symptoms of rhythm disturbance are not explicitly expressed, then it's enough to adjust the habitual way of life. Water procedures can also help in strengthening the body, using such agents as bromine, atropine, valerian in corresponding age doses.
Medicinal treatment of functional tachycardia
It is carried out in rare cases, since the risk of side effects from the administration of antiarrhythmic drugs is often higher than the possible result. If there is an extremely pronounced tachycardia clinic, but with no organic lesions in the heart, beta-blockers may be used in small age doses.
Often, with the appearance of a rapid heartbeat, reflexive methods of exposure are used. This is done by pressing the edge of the palm in the epigastric region. It is also recommended to work hard after inhalation. In extreme cases, an attack of the functional tachycardia can be carried out by adenosine, which is most commonly used today to eliminate rhythm disturbances. The only drug can cause fibrillation of the ventricles, so it can not be used in the diagnosis of irregular broad ventricular complexes.
Adjusting the attack with adenosine or weighty samples once again points to the functional genesis of the pathology.Otherwise, organic heart disease can be suspected.