Treatment of extrasystolic arrhythmia
Author Ольга Кияница
Extrasystole is a common manifestation of the disturbance of the work of the conducting heart system. Most often occurs at the age of 50 years, when in connection with the aging of the body, organic changes in the heart muscle begin. Also, the risk group for the disease consists of patients with neuroses, VSD, thyrotoxicosis, electrolyte disorder.
Extrasystole has three forms, among which the most common are ventricular extrasystoles (up to 65% of the total number of patients). The second place of occurrence is occupied by atrial extrasystoles (up to 25%) and the last place - atrioventricular (up to 10%).
Depending on the diagnosed form of the pathology, the treatment of extrasystolic arrhythmia is performed according to the standards. In a number of cases, it is appointed as soon as possible. If timely assistance is not available, in the form of suitable medications, the condition of the patient may worsen to the atrial fibrillation, which is dangerous for the development of thromboembolism.
Video Therapy of extrasystoles and supraventricular tachyarrhythmias
As indicated, extrasystole may develop for various reasons. Most often, especially in adolescents and children, extraordinary contractions appear on the background of neurogenic disorders. Therefore, overly emotional people need to adhere to the following recommendations:
- To eat fully and correctly, for what in the diet it is necessary to include more vegetables and fruits with the restriction of salty, smoked, roasted and fatty products.
- The mode of the day (including work and rest) should be balanced, so that at least 8 hours a day have to sleep.
- Sports lessons even for patients with cardiac non complicated pathologies are shown to all, so it's worth choosing the right kind of workout.
- Lastly, the most important thing is to exclude emotional overload, for which it is useful to engage in autotraining, hobbies, relaxing exercises.
Medicinal treatment of extrasystolic arrhythmia
Often, extraordinary contractions go asymptomatic, therefore, they do not require medication correction, but if the patient has organic heart disease, therapy is prescribed. Also, in complex cases of neurogenic disorders, specific treatment is required not so much for arrhythmias, but for the underlying disease.
Extrasystole is most often associated with another more complex disease, therefore, in order to eliminate the symptoms of cardiac arrhythmias, the main pathology (thyrotoxicosis, hypertension, valve malformations) should be treated first of all.
Modern medicine offers for the elimination of frequent, early, as well as malignant pathologies with the help of special drugs and drugs for the treatment of extrasystolic arrhythmia. They are called antiarrhythmic drugs and to reduce the severity of the symptoms of extraordinary contractions, the following groups are suitable:
- blockers of calcium and sodium channels;
- potassium supplements;
- cardiac glycosides;
The course of treatment - two months, with a malignant course can be six months. In particularly complex cases, medications are taken continuously or surgical intervention is performed.
Surgical treatment of extrasystolic arrhythmia
Some patients find it hard to perceive attacks of extrasystoles that may cause a feeling of "fading", "turning over the heart," or "lack of air." In the presence of contraindications to the use of antiarrhythmic drugs, there is one way out - surgical treatment.
Radiofrequency ablation is the newest method of treating extrasystolic arrhythmia, which consists in burning out ectopic foci causing extraordinary contractions.
It takes about an hour and a half for the operation to be performed, after which the patient leaves the clinic the next day in the absence of complications. Doctors call this type of surgery an manipulation, because it is conducted under local anesthesia and with several injections at the sites of catheter insertion. The effectiveness of such treatment depends on accompanying pathologies, but in general, patients after the RFA significantly improve the quality of life.
An Israeli doctor told how to get rid of heart arrhythmia forever
Treatment of extrasystolic arrhythmia by folk remedies
There are various folk recipes that help you get rid of this or that form of arrhythmia. In extrasystoles, the following means are most commonly used:
- The blue basil in dry form is filled with boiling water (from the calculation of a teaspoon per a glass of water) and after insistence for several hours is taken in equal portions three times, preferably before eating in 20 minutes.
- Melissa helps with various forms of ventricular arrhythmias, including those with extrasystoles. Take a tablespoon of the dried plant and fill with two glasses of water, after which they insist and filter a few hours. Take courses not more than two months three times a day in equal parts.
- The combination of propolis and hawthorn also has a beneficial effect on the cardiovascular system. Take tincture of the two components and mix in equal proportions. Then take 20 drops per glass of water. Drink no more than three times a day.
Video Treating folk remedies for heart arrhythmias causes
Treatment of extrasystolic arrhythmia in children
There are various methods of treating extrasystoles in childhood. Many of them are reduced to the fact that in the first place it is necessary to treat the main disease that caused the development of arrhythmia. This may be a pathology of the heart or other system of the body.
Basic tactics of treatment of extrasystoles in children:
- A child may have an extrasystolic arrhythmia for up to a year if there is a lack of oxygen in the body (hypoxia). This is similar to that of infants infected with artificial feeding, so it is important for the baby to eat breast milk. Otherwise, it is necessary to use high-adaptive mixtures containing all the vitamins and polyunsaturated fatty acids necessary for the newborn.
- The lability extrasystole or stable, but not often arising, should not cause the child to be freed from physical culture in educational institutions.
- Extrasystoles arising on the background of disorders of vegetative-vascular dystonia are treated with the help of neurotropic and membrane stabilizing drugs, which help to establish cardiocerebral regulation and functionalization of the sympathoadrenal system. Assigned no more than three drugs from different groups. The treatment is carried out three months a year twice a year.
- Children have rarely, but still there is a ventricular extrasystole that requires specific treatment. If symptoms of the disease are observed, then every year Holter observation is performed. In addition, if necessary, but at least once a year, the child should undergo a medical examination.
Groups of drugs and drugs used for the treatment of extrasystolic arrhythmia in children
- Nootropic and nootropic drugs (semaks, pantogam, aminanol, encephalopathy, noofen).
- Sedative and antioxidant drugs (neurovitan, phenybut, picamilon).
- Influencing the electrical activity of the heart muscle (mildronate, cardiotonum, cudesan).
- Preparations of magnesium and potassium (rhythmocoron, panangin, asparcams).
- Antiarrhythmics (rhythmnorm, atenolol, concor).
Antiarrhythmic drugs are prescribed in extreme cases when the child complains of severe cardiac impairment.
Frequently occurring extraordinary contractions are indications for the use of anticonvulsants (finlepsin or carbamazepine).
Despite the threat of complications of extrasystole by atrial fibrillation, this form of rhythm disturbance often proceeds benignly. In rare cases, it is necessary to use antiarrhythmics. Often, it's enough to eat well and lead a healthy lifestyle so that the forecast of extrasystoles is raised to a favorable one.