Treatment of extracardiac bradycardia
Extracardiac bradycardia is a cardiovascular disease that occurs due to diseases of the internal organs, neurological disorders and myxedema. It may be manifested by vegetative disorders (weakness, dizziness, cold sweat, darkening in the eyes and pre-bad condition), as well as slowing down of the heartbeat.
It is necessary to administer extracardial bradycardia treatment, otherwise it is possible to develop the attacks of Morgagni-Edem-Stokes, sudden cardiac arrest, arterial hypertension, coronary heart disease, chronic heart failure.
Before the appointment of basic therapy, a medical examination of the patient, electrocardiography, Holter monitoring, clinical and biochemical tests are performed. After obtaining the results of diagnostics, individually selected drugs, pharmacological or plant origin. It all depends on the cause of the disease and the severity of the clinic.
Video Pulse. What is his silence saying?
The implementation of a number of recommendations is important in the treatment of extracardiac bradycardia. Some of them relate to preventive measures, but their implementation helps to improve the well-being of the patient.
Practical tips provided by the cardiologist, including extracardiac bradycardia:
- Control the blood pressure level, and when it is raised or lowered, it is timely to treat.
- Periodically measure the heart rate and transmit the symptoms to the attending physician by phone.
- Adhere to dietary nutrition, which reduces the amount of animal fats and salt in the diet.
- Minimize the consumption of alcohol and refuse to smoke.
- Spend more time in the fresh air, doing calm walks.
- It is rational to use daytime, correctly correlating work and rest.
- It is necessary to engage in regular physical exercises, which should be selected taking into account individual peculiarities.
Every patient should count on the fact that even with full well-being every year you need to undergo a preventive examination with a cardiologist. This allows you to adjust the current treatment, as well as prevent the development of other diseases.
Medicinal treatment of extracardiac bradycardia
In the extracardial form of the slowed heartbeat sinus bradycardia is most often determined. The following principles are used to treat such a pathology:
- With a moderately pronounced clinic, when the patient is not disturbed by reduced heart rate and heart rate is determined below 60 beats / minute to above 40 beats / minute, then further monitoring of the condition is carried out and the following practical tips are recommended,
- The main cause of the disease is determined and after that the therapy of this disease and all accompanying pathologies is carried out.
- Medication therapy is prescribed by a qualified doctor of the cardiology specialty, since with it the dosage of the necessary preparations is selected, taking into account the individual features of the patient.
- In the absence of the result of taking medication is considered the question of implantation of an electrical pacemaker.Absolute indications for this low-invasive operation are heart failure for two seconds or more, as well as a decrease in heart rate less than 40 beats / min.
The expressed course of the disease is stopped as follows:
- Introduce atropine sulfate, intravenously, in a dose of 0.5 mg, with no effect, the use of the drug is repeated. Caution is given to atropine in myocardial infarction, as there is a risk of a rapid heartbeat. If there was a history of heart transplantation, then the remedy can not be used, because there is a high chance of complications.
- Isoprenaline (beta-adrenergic stimulator) is used, which is shown in the case when a temporary stop of respiration is recorded. It is administered intravenously as a drop and in a short time, the contractile function of the myocardium increases in the majority.
- Glucagon is used, which helps to cope with insufficient amount of calcium in the blood. Such a condition is often encountered with incorrect administration of beta-blockers, therefore, after discontinuing the drug from this group, glucagon is prescribed.
Ineffective drug treatment and progression of extracardiac bradycardia is an indication of the use of surgical intervention.Today, cardiac pacemaker implantation is most often used. In the application of the device, it may be necessary to continue receiving cardiology.
Auxiliary treatment of extracardiac bradycardia
When moderately expressed extracardiac bradycardia often does not carry out medical treatment and moreover, do not implant a pacemaker. Instead, auxiliary therapy is used which helps restore the functioning of the nervous system, and, at the same time, eliminates the rhythm disturbance.
Frequently used methods for strengthening the cardiovascular system:
- Therapeutic physical education - taking into account individual characteristics, fitness classes are selected, most often from the category of swimming, table tennis, skiing and cycling. Healthy, relaxing walk that helps to relax and rejuvenate the body.
- Massage - is performed taking into account the activity of the sympathetic or parasympathetic department of the nervous system. In bradycardia, the tone of the parasympathetic nerves is often raised, and in this case, they perform massaging procedures of the cervical-collar zone, hands and calf muscles.
- Water treatments are often presented in the form of therapeutic baths, when either sedative grass or salt and coniferous ingredients are used. Balneotherapy and circulating (contrasting) showers also have a good effect.
- Physiotherapeutic effect - is based on the use of herbal preparations that contribute to the strengthening of cardiac myocardial activity. In particular, caffeine, mezaton, calcium chloride possesses sympathetic action, and therefore these preparations are used during electrophoresis on the collar zone.
It is important to remember the exceptional role of proper nutrition in the process of eliminating extracardiac bradycardia.In particular, patients with cardiovascular diseases need less use of salty and greasy foods. More in the daily diet should include sea fish, rich in polyunsaturated fatty acids. Also, the preference of vegetables and fruits will allow you to saturate the body with the necessary micronutrients and vitamins.